Cyberpunk 2077 - E3 Demo Impressions

I'm a bit Cyberpunked out now, until they have something more significant to show us.
Right?
I mean, where are boobs already?!

I'm not big on profanity so I'm a little leery of what I'm hearing so far. It really seems the dialogue is mostly an excuse to drop as many f-bombs and other swear words as possible. That bores me. If you can't write intelligently, don't write.

The rest of it seems pretty good, though I could care less about cyberpunk. I enjoyed Deus Ex though, so I'm willing to give it a shot when it comes out. To me, there are never enough fantasy role playing games. Bring on the orcs and sorcerers and scantily/un clad barmaids :D

Not really, f-bombs are "abused" so much in other games they went more creative and now drop c-bombs. :D

Maybe it's boring to you, I mean you hear all of it daily. A "bomb" per minute I bet. But to some of us… We need to enrich our vocabulary. :evilgrin:

I'm not big on profanity so I'm a little leery of what I'm hearing so far. It really seems the dialogue is mostly an excuse to drop as many f-bombs and other swear words as possible. That bores me. If you can't write intelligently, don't write.

I don't think writing profanity means you aren't writing intelligently. In Dan Simmons' Hyperion novel, one of the character gets brain damage for a part of the book that affect his language ability to only be able to speak using 7 profane words. It's one of the best scifi novel I've read and it won awards.

As for, Cyberpunk 2077, lack of profanity would be a failure at replicating the setting. It's full of gangs, crimes, violence and people just trying to survive in an harsh world.

Yes, I'd say that linking the use of profanity to a lack of intelligence would be a mistake. In most fucking cases.

I'm with you. These kind of things are turning me off more and more to this game. I shouldn't be surprised though after the witcher - I guess its all part of the dark and gritty era - and also the stupid cover art. Its a shame because I really, really like the cyberpunk setting.

I don't know… loosing an arm or a leg is one thing but what if it's an electronic replacement?

It's just a flesh wound.
Just like in movies a man gets shot gets up and keeps fighting.:biggrin:

Now lets put the reality factor into play. As soon as your shot your going to fall down and go into shock due to intense pain, and blood loss. So the more you know.

3773498752_266385e5fa.jpg

I don't know… loosing an arm or a leg is one thing but what if it's an electronic replacement?
Well the robotic limb probably has nerve blockers, or something else.

Last edited:
I'm with you. These kind of things are turning me off more and more to this game. I shouldn't be surprised though after the witcher - I guess its all part of the dark and gritty era - and also the stupid cover art. Its a shame because I really, really like the cyberpunk setting.

Heh, that's like saying: I really like Star Treak, but hate space exploration. Pondsmith's cyberpunk can be vulgar, brash, violent, but it also undresses people a bit more( and I'm not talking about just clothes), bringing out the best and worst in them. No pain, no gain.
Ofc, if that offends someone, there are games like Skyrim with dragons and elves and superheroic fetch quest adventures. ;)

Heh, that's like saying: I really like Star Treak, but hate space exploration. Pondsmith's cyberpunk can be vulgar, brash, violent, but it also undresses people a bit more( and I'm not talking about just clothes), bringing out the best and worst in them. No pain, no gain.
Ofc, if that offends someone, there are games like Skyrim with dragons and elves and superheroic fetch quest adventures. ;)

Well if that's what you like in your Cyberpunk more power to you. I just don't think its necessary to be gratuitous. I liked Matrix a lot better than Matrix 2.

Back
Top Bottom