Kingmaker - Patch 1.2 Released

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
Patch 1.2 for Pathfinder: Kingmaker has arrived.

Patch 1.2 - January 24th, 2019 - Part 1

Pathfinder: Kingmaker - TheZeisonSha
Dear pathfinders,

As the new year takes its course, we are happy to announce that we're ready to share Version 1.2!

This new pack of fixes and improvements is based on your suggestions we keep receiving both from forums and the in-game reporting system (available by pressing F11). Thank you so much for your contribution - your feedback lets us make the game better every day!

We know that a lot of our players are complaining about the long load times. It's a serious technical issue and, unfortunately, we cannot fix it in one fell swoop. However, we're doing our best to mitigate this pain. We have been able to greatly decrease initial loading time in previous patches. And there is a major improvement in Kingdom management interface we implemented in this patch that will eliminate loading time between different Kingdom UI windows. We keep looking for other things we could do to fix this problem, so stay tuned for further improvements!

Be aware that the update is really huge - you will have to download around 18 Gb! The reason the update is so big is that we are working on the loading time issue, so we had to repack almost all game data.

We would like to thank all of you who are sending us the bug reports with the typos. We are doing our best to correct them as soon as they are discovered. Thanks to you all, the Version 1.2 holds a large number of such fixes!

Finally, let us assure you once more that work on the Pathfinder: Kingmaker will not stop for a single day. Right now, the development team keeps working on the next patch which should fix - as we hope - all known issues that remain on our task list.

Sincerely yours,
Owlcats.

Patch Highlights:

• System: Loading times have been significantly reduced.
  • New setting: you can now choose to significantly decrease loading times in kingdom management screens at the cost of higher RAM and VRAM consumption.
  • Multiple difficulty improvements in Chapters 6 and 7.
  • New feature: you can now enable camera following. Just double-click a character's portrait or hit F to enable it and disable it by manually controlling the camera (WASD, arrow keys or pressing on the mouse wheel). Camera-following is also automatically disabled on battle start.
  • New feature: to save yourself a loading screen, you can now hover your mouse cursor over the table in the throne room, and you'll see an exclamation mark if anything new has happened in kingdom management while you were gone.
  • The Storyteller now provides the total number of artifact shards needed to assemble an artifact.
  • Numerous visual and user interface improvements.

Please, be aware of the plot spoilers in the description below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

[...]
More information.

That... is a whole lot of bug fixes. I wonder how large the remaining stack is at this point?

This game is looking like its getting much closer to being fully cooked and done, and ready to be popped out of the oven...:biggrin:

Another 2 or 3 patches and I'll probably go ahead and finally buy it, and start playing.

Load times improved. Especially going to kingdom management is now much quicker. Big QoL improvement.

Looks like it should be good to go in roughly six months or so, give or take. I've waited over three months so far, a little bit more won't hurt. I'll just have to do my best to recall what was going on when I parked the thing!!

That… is a whole lot of bug fixes. I wonder how large the remaining stack is at this point?
Probably another 100+ hot-fixes and 10+ big patches to go if were lucky.:lol:

As they mention in patch notes, this update is rather big (making pause for inevitable pun from Couch :) ). In Steam I had to download approx 12GB of data. But it really seem they made some fundamental changes as load times improved significantly.

Im not sure what new setting they refer to here:
New setting: you can now choose to significantly decrease loading times in kingdom management screens at the cost of higher RAM and VRAM consumption.

Going through setting I noted its possible to set number of auto-save positions and quick-save positions, but Im not even sure if it was there before the last patch.

Decreasing loading times is great, but what has really made me wait to play (I backed the game so already own it) are all the reports about the end game being a buggy mess. Has that been addressed to the point it's perfectly playable? (Smaller bugs or glitches I can stand, game breaking ones less so).

As they mention in patch notes, this update is rather big (making pause for inevitable pun from Couch :) ). In Steam I had to download approx 12GB of data. But it really seem they made some fundamental changes as load times improved significantly.

Im not sure what new setting they refer to here:
New setting: you can now choose to significantly decrease loading times in kingdom management screens at the cost of higher RAM and VRAM consumption.

Going through setting I noted its possible to set number of auto-save positions and quick-save positions, but Im not even sure if it was there before the last patch.
There is a new setting called "Fast Loading". It is set to ON by default.

Decreasing loading times is great, but what has really made me wait to play (I backed the game so already own it) are all the reports about the end game being a buggy mess. Has that been addressed to the point it's perfectly playable? (Smaller bugs or glitches I can stand, game breaking ones less so).
They nerfed last two chapters for Normal and below difficulty. Also they increased XP gain from the endgame and for some later quests so you should now be higher level in that part of the game and have easier battles that will not be irritating or they will be less irritating.

The end game bugs were addressed quite a while ago, unless you are talking about the end game encounters.

They nerfed last two chapters for Normal and below difficulty. Also they increased XP gain from the endgame and for some later quests so you should now be higher level in that part of the game and have easier battles that will not be irritating or they will be less irritating.

Yep, Owlcat definitely increased XP gain - I'm in chapter 5 and my party is currently level 17. I did pass a lot of difficult persuasion checks this time around (therefore, gained a lot more XP than previous run) but considering I finished the game (in chapter 7) as level 16.5 party in my previous run you can see the huge difference.

Last edited:

Oh, were many of the complaints related to difficulty rather than bugs? I didn't want any spoilers so have tried to avoid forums outside the Watch. Anyway, thanks for replying, to you as well @purpleblob;.

Guess it's time to dive in shortly, just have to get tired of Sunless Sea and finish PoE2 first…

Last edited:
I finished the game just fine before this patch even came out. It seems pretty safe to play already although obviously still bugs to stamp out.

I am on my second round through already.

I read that this 1.2 patch caused a few new bugs that are pretty bad. Or is it just people on Steam overreacting like they do most of the time?

With it being a 12 gig patch, which is kinda crazy, I would think that there would be new bugs.

They are overreacting.

But if you are playing on fullscreen and not windowed fullscreen don't alt tab to windows while game is saving.

They are overreacting.

But if you are playing on fullscreen and not windowed fullscreen don't alt tab to windows while game is saving.

Now, thats the dealbreaker. Show me the door please, im out.

Every single update/patch seems to require even more adjusting after the fact. I learned that back when I was playing the game in October, and was a major reason why I parked it. I'm sure they'll get everything right and stable, just give them the time to do so.

Every single update/patch seems to require even more adjusting after the fact. I learned that back when I was playing the game in October, and was a major reason why I parked it. I'm sure they'll get everything right and stable, just give them the time to do so.
Yep what worries me is they might be spending to much time fixing the game instead of making new content. I know they released the DLC roadmap, but it's not spectacular.

Back
Top Bottom