Pillars of Eternity II - Launch Date April 3rd

But it looks like the same things can be pre-ordered/bought on Amazon

I am not comparing, you are.

You just said you can order the SAME THING through amazon. I called out your lie and now you are still insisting that is the case.

Fig backers had 3 options for physical copies - standard which is barebones, collectors and elite collectors.

The obsidian edition contains completely different items to what you can get through the fig editions. You seem to think that having a cloth map means it is the same when it is clearly not.

Please, explain how you can get the same thing through amazon? Do a item by item comparison and please post it here.

And if you wanted to know why I have a bee in my bonnet it is because multiple incorrect things are being said in this thread i.e.

According to their website, the 3 DLC appear to be day 1 included in Obsidian Edition for $74.99.

When what the site actually says is this:

The Obsidian Edition Includes:
• Game Download
• DLC Content Packs #1-3: Robust content expansions to the base game that will add new areas, new experiences, new items, and expand the world of Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. (post-launch content, a $30 value)

Clearly not Day 1 :)

Last edited:
You quoted me out of context.

I said you could buy a physical copy and physical book just like you could get either as a backer. I never claimed they were identical. I suspect English (US English) is not your first language so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt unless you want to continue making ridiculous accusations.

If I were you I’d chalk it up to miscommunication on both sides.

Certainly if you are a fan you should have backed this project and grabbed physical rewards then.

You also get a littl' Josh Sawyer statue. Mine arrived dis mourning in the mail, really did a good job at capturing his likeness. :)

You quoted me out of context.

I said you could buy a physical copy and physical book just like you could get either as a backer. I never claimed they were identical. I suspect English (US English) is not your first language so I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt unless you want to continue making ridiculous accusations.
No I did not quote you "out of context". Here is what you said word-for-word:
Backers were able to secure a physical box and hardcover printed guide.
But it looks like the same things can be pre-ordered/bought on Amazon
I dare say I speak english to higher standard than you given that we speak the Queen's English where I live, not the bastardisation you speak in the US ;) When you say something is the same in english then it means it is the SAME. Your statement is like saying buying a Tesla model 3 is the same as buying a model S. They might look the same to a novice but to a connoisseur of electric vehicles they are completely different things.

Alrik, like myself, is most likely a connoisseur of collecting physical copies (like most of the European market). That Obsidian edition will be worthless in a few years meanwhile the Fig edition with actually increase in value.

Here is what you would of said if you actually wanted to say what you thought you were saying:

Backers were able to secure a physical box and hardcover printed guide.
But it looks like something similar can be pre-ordered/bought on Amazon

The English language when poorly used can lead to miscommunication. In this case that is what I will chalk it up to.

Last edited:
I dare say you don’t understand English very well, and I will leave it at that.

Said the American to an Englishman :lol:

I remember spending $80 on PoE 1, when I was naive and new to KS...now I go in at the bottom tier for everything. You get good deals, even on better quality games, and if the game is never made, well, your losses are minimized.

As for boxed games: while I still like a physical box, the manuals these days are usually trash and I refuse to pay so much extra for the box + shipping. I remember the game manuals for game like BG...nice meaty things.

Said the American to an Englishman :lol:

Steady on, Old Boy.

top-hat-and-monocle.jpg

Last edited:
From your replies I guess that the world outside pf backers just isn't able to get any collector's edition.

Personally, I'd only want a manual and a map, like the good old days. I can see why they would be expensive without those economies of scale. It's a bit much, but I'd be tempted if the game is very well received. I think I've harped on about my manual-reading ritual before.

From your replies I guess that the world outside pf backers just isn't able to get any collector's edition.
@Alrik Fassbauer;

Contact them directly. They have some from overproduction. A well worded email might get you what you need for the right price.

Back
Top Bottom