Pillars of Eternity II - New Challenges Approach

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
A new Fig update for Pillars of Eternity II.

Update #54 - New Challenges Approach

Posted: 08/17/2018

Greetings, Watchers,

We hope that those of you who have journeyed to Harbingers' Watch have enjoyed your stay (and according to the Steam reviews, you have!), but there is still plenty more to come in Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. In the timeline that we shared with you in Update 53, you may have noticed that this month will see the release of Abydon and Skaen's God Challenges. Take a look below for descriptions of those challenges, what's new in Hotfix Patch 2.0.1, and a sneak peek of what's to come!​

Challenge Yourself

• Abydon - The god of the forge is ready to challenge you with forged items you carry. The more you use weapons and armor, the more they will wear down and become "Damaged". This modifier will make them progressively worse and eventually destroy them unless the mods are removed through Enchantments. Choose the items you will wear into battle wisely!
  • Skaen - With Skaen's challenge, when indoors or at night, fog of war encroaches more. Torches and lanterns can partially offset the additional fog of war, but only a little.
We look forward to seeing what you talented Watchers are able to do with these challenges enabled. Remember, if you're streaming these challenges, let us know by tagging us on Twitter so we can go and hang out with you!​

That's One Mega Boss

Next month we'll be bringing our first Mega Boss to Deadfire. As we've said in some interviews recently, the Mega Bosses are end game challenges that you can take on in the Deadfire and are meant to test your party's mettle. These fights are meant to be for high level parties, so don't expect to be able to tackle them right when you get the Defiant out on the seas of the archipelago. We'll have more information on who the first Mega Boss will be in the coming weeks, so stay tuned!​

Patch 2.0.1

Today we've released a patch that fixes some of the bigger issues some players have had since the launch of "Beast of Winter." Our forums have the full patch notes, but some of the highlights are:​

• Retrained party members will no longer gain Knock Down, Constant Recovery, Battle Axe Proficiency, or Mace Proficiency when they should not.
  • The autosave feature works as intended after jumping into the pit in the Beast of Winter DLC and allows for progression.
  • Party members will no longer disappear near the portal in Sunken Crown.
  • Party members stay together when using the portal in Sunken Crown when it's flooded.
[...]
Thanks Couchpotato!

More information.

Does anyone know where to activate the challenge modes?

In other news I received my PoE2 CE Box today!!!

Mega Bosses sound fun... but, urggh, just one more reason to kick the can on playing this game - to experience all the mega bosses!

I have one playthrough before the endgame where I test all the new DLC and features as they come out. When all the challenges and mega-bosses are added, I'll start another playthrough just to punish myself.

It's like they are talking directly to us! ;)

What do you mean? Of course they're talking to us. It's about time the Watch gets the respect we deserve, other developers should follow Obsidians example.

Back
Top Bottom