Most attractive qualities in another human being?

D

Darth Tagnan

So, what are the most attractive qualities in a human being?

I guess I should start:

1. Authenticity
2. Tolerance
3. Empathy

Beyond the surface qualities, such as beauty? Because that is the first thing I will notice about women, and I can get entranced by it. :biggrin: You might say, I have an eye for beauty, in that I can have a deep appreciation for it.

But to answer more seriously and being less shallow, probably compassion, intelligence, and a positive outlook are all traits that I would consider very important. If we are talking like, romantically, then I would drop intelligence down a few notches, because I don't think that is so important in a partner. I would substitute "sense of humor" in that case.

Negative people are really bad because they can bring anyone down to their level. Hence, why I say "positive outlook". That means things like being in a good mood as the default, not being depressed all the time, not always looking at or anticipating worst case scenarios.

Compassion is I guess the same as empathy kinda, I mean who wants to be with someone who is cruel and/or a jerk?

Compassion is I guess the same as empathy kinda, I mean who wants to be with someone who is cruel and/or a jerk?

The empathic response is inherent in the vast majority of human beings - but that doesn't mean we all react to it in the same way - or that we have the same degree of empathy.

Compassion and empathy might go hand in hand in terms of what the words mean - but I'd venture to claim it's subjective when the degree to which someone is one or the other is sufficient to call them "compassionate" or "empathic".

Personally, I find people who're very aware of the emotional state of the people around them - and who have the surplus of energy to respond to it with kindness - extremely attractive.

I'm the sort of person that has what you might call an over-active empathic response, in that I'm extremely aware of the emotional state of the people around me - but I don't necessarily react to it. Part of that is cowardice - I suppose. Another part might be complacency.

So, I don't necessarily react visibly when people are in pain - because I want them to ask for it, in most cases.

That's not particularly attractive to me. I prefer it when people are pro-active and go out of their way to help others.

So, I guess you could say I'm attracted to people who're not like myself in that way.

Empathy and Respect, among others.

So, what are the most attractive qualities in a human being?
If you ask what are the most qualities on social networks it's mimicking Hollywood stars.

If you ask me, then to counter Disney's motto: don't be yourself, be normal yet unique.

There's nothing that's actually normal - and unique is redundant.

Empathy is high on the list. Just like some others mentioned, but to bring something new i'd say is liveliness. As the inverse of cynical. It would make me depressed.

Oh forget it, beauty is of course the highest quality :)

Beyond the surface qualities, such as beauty? Because that is the first thing I will notice about women

"human being" = woman? does the topic have to be about a girl friend or 1-night stand etc?

Most important for me would be intelligence and that you can trust the person, this goes for friends or if i'm looking for a partner.

Big tits, followed by rationality. Too many women base their decisions on emotional garbage instead of anything that makes sense.

2DZHSQd.jpg

None as I've taken living like a celibate monk lately. Find I have more money and less stress now that I'm not looking for a partner again. I'd recommend it for others.

Beauty, groundedness, proper energy (both are considered inner beauty). If a chick has proper energy and isn't too hyper, too low, and is balanced, she will be way more attractive to me. Being grounded and not living a crazy life is a plus. And I'm a sucker for pure physical beauty, I've always had a deep appreciation for it. Cuteness and such.

None as I've taken living like a celibate monk lately. Find I have more money and less stress now that I'm not looking for a partner again. I'd recommend it for others.

After years of marriage to a spouse with mental health issues, I absolutely agree with this. After separating, I felt relief, and not sadness. Additionally, now being out of that negative situation, I find I have the time to focus 100% on my daughter when I have access to her, and 100% time to rejuvenate when i'm not, making my ability to parent much better in certain aspects. I just have no interest anymore in the labour of dating. Although I have no issues being social and outgoing, I find I enjoy solitude and being alone more often than not (although I know this may be difficult for others).

Also, this is not to say relationships are bad, and I encourage healthy ones for others. And if someone has mental health issues, that doesn't mean they're bad relationship material, as long as their getting professional help. But maybe this will add a very important attractive quality in another:

not crazy

EDIT: huh, that got kinda personal for a light topic, oops

…at my age when you look for a woman you quite expect mental issues, they're the one not already taken or the ones no one could handle for any longer period. I haven't been dating a lot though (now it's been a whole year), i have friends who's been dating like every month, and for every month there's a story more insane than the last.

Actually the closest friend i had here committed suicide, he dated a lot of girls and ended up with a truly terrible one. She had borderline personality disorder, so tons of issues, had several suicide attempts behind her. Eventually she killed herself. He loved her though and decided to do the same a week later.

@Caddy; definitely know the feeling my ex-wife suffered from depression, anxiety, and constant panic attacks. Everyday was a hassle and I couldn't take it anymore.

My last relationship the women seven years younger but turned out to be a cheater, and drug user. Suffice to say I'm not interested in looking for another partner.

Anyway it looks like Dart has left the forum again. Makes the third time now.:biggrin:

Back
Top Bottom