ArcheAge

Galaad

Sentinel
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
http://www.archeagegame.com/en/

Game is currently in Alpha, about to hit beta in the next two weeks…Though if it wasn't for translation it pretty much could already be released.

I've been playing it for a while now, if anyone from the watch is in the Alpha you're more than welcome to join our guild (The Shipwrecked Pirates) or at least say hello in game :). Oh yeah, my name is Korgh on there and we're on the Omega server.

This is game reminds me of UO in many ways, mixed with a bit of shadowbane and Eve Online. (Eve because almost everything is crafted and the components that are used to craft items are themselve crafted…and the ressources are grown/mined/farmed/cut etc by players as well).

If you do, let me know. The controls are a bit strange, a bit "old school" not like what you find in the recent ESO, Guild Wars and such...but once you get over that. The crafting, The gliders, The Ships with harpoons and cannons, Sports Fishing, Deep Sea treasure hunting with diving gear.

PVP Battles aren't just one hit boom you are dead thing, they tend to involve quite a bit of tactics, back and forth fighting, luring the ennemy...

Anyway, I really like the game so far ;)

This one does look interesting. I'm looking forward to trying it out. I hope it doesn't have that really divey/ghetto feel that a lot of F2P games have...

I dont think it does, but you'll be able to judge for yourself soon =). The game is now on steam btw

Thanks to my korean stalker friend (Hi Hyun Jae) I managed to get a copy of this game. I don't speak korean so it was pretty much a brutal experience. However that copy led to the english version alpha which has been going pretty well.

First impressions are awesome. There are some serious genre clashes. Depending on how the "westernization" of this game occurs it could be great or it could be a catastrophic failure. There is already a ton of people on both sides of the fence calling for wide scale "instant gratification" buttons or "too easy". Quite polarized anyway.

One of the thing I enjoy about it is that despite playing for a while now I still keep on learning new things.

There is currently a Beta key giveaway going on:
http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways.cfm/offer/549/Archeage-Closed-Beta-Event-2-Setting-Sail.html

All members of the watch are more than welcome to join me aboard The Shipwrecked Pirates :). We're on the Omega Server for the Alpha and also have a presence on the NA beta server called Naima. We're fighting for the western faction (Nuian / Elves).

Send a tell to Korgh (Me), Sins, Sol or Influenza in game if you are interested :).

I had a lot of hopes for this game - and I spent a fortune on the Founder Alpha - but I have to say it's nothing like I was hoping for. Well, it's a bit like I was hoping for - but it has way too many things that rub me the wrong way, which I apparently didn't expect.

Sorry to hear that, If you need a hand with anything dont hesitate to ask in game =P....and if you decide that you wont play come release, let me know, someone may be interested in purchasing the account from you.

Sorry to hear that, If you need a hand with anything dont hesitate to ask in game =P….and if you decide that you wont play come release, let me know, someone may be interested in purchasing the account from you.

Sure, thanks for the offer :)

I'll probably check it out a few more times - but I'm afraid it's not going to be the game I wanted it to be.

Thankfully, there are alternatives out there, but I would have loved a proper sandpark as I originally thought it'd be.

Last edited:
The one dumb thing stopping me from buying it is that the livestock is a stationary landscape feature.

If I'm gonna farm chickens and goats, I want them to wander around.

Yes, those are my priorites in an MMO. Mobile goats.

Actually, my neighbors on Diamond Shores and Calmlands have chicken coops and those pesky bird keep walking over my farm/garden…Keep in mind you can also buy a Heifer mount on Mirage island if you want a moving cow :p

On my end Im simply growing Archeum trees for the Moonlight/Starlight/Sunlight dust which is very high in demand for our crafters….and on my FarmHouse Its a lot of Ginko trees with some ginseng and lavender grown in between for healing potions… Though that barely requires any labor, so I spend mine trying to get my mining to 50k so I can mine the rare ores on Auroria required to build a castle for your guild.

We spend quite a bit of time fighting with guilds like Philosopher Kings and making a few trade runs with our merchant ships (Mostly to Freedich Island…where a lot of fighting happens as well since a lot of Pirates love this place)

Back
Top Bottom