ArcheAge First Impressions

ReturnToCinder

Watcher
So I made a video of my impression of ArcheAge. Those server queues are effing deadly so I took one for the team. I explain the basics of the game, some negative feelings towards the business strategy, and show off what the game has to offer.

It's free to play, if you didn't already know. I'd love here what those of you that have played it think and if those who haven't have any damn interest in this MMO.

So I made a video of my impression of ArcheAge. Those server queues are effing deadly so I took one for the team. I explain the basics of the game, some negative feelings towards the business strategy, and show off what the game has to offer.

It's free to play, if you didn't already know. I'd love here what those of you that have played it think and if those who haven't have any damn interest in this MMO.

I paid a fortune for the alpha access :)

I had high expectations for this game, and I've been severely disappointed, unfortunately.

As always, it depends on what you want and what you expect.

I expected a "sandpark" - which is to say that I wanted a strong themepark game mixed with a strong sandbox element.

Unfortunately, the themepark aspect is abysmally bad - if you ask me. Ultra generic quests, silly blatantly "bright" asian world with nothing to pull me in and grindy crafting. Almost no dungeons or interesting group content.

The sandbox elements ARE very strong, however, but most of the best parts of it DEMANDS that you rush to end-game and claim your piece of land to build on, or you'll be left struggling trying to be one of those getting a piece after it's abandoned or whatever.

This makes for a very anticlimactic way to experience the game, and I'm simply not going to play it.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear that after you paid so much for it. You should at least try to get your money's worth out of it xD

I paid a fortune for the alpha access :)

The sandbox elements ARE very strong, however, but most of the best parts of it DEMANDS that you rush to end-game and claim your piece of land to build on, or you'll be left struggling trying to be one of those getting a piece after it's abandoned or whatever.

This makes for a very anticlimactic way to experience the game, and I'm simply not going to play it.

Sounds like a game that is only fun if you have plenty of time to spend in it?

I also played a fortune. I had a blast during alpha.

However, what turned me off is the realization that I would need to log on almost daily to maintain my garden and keep my property. I don't have time to log on daily. I would grow to resent the need to log on.

Then they changed the trade runs for gilda stars to cross-continental trips, which means you had to be part of the PvP game, which I am not into. That means I could not farm gilda stars (locally) for my own house.

Couple all this with the fact that PvE goes to contested zones after level 30. Again, I don't really want to do that, so it would be hard to hit max level.

I'm sure all this would be different if I liked PvP.

Back
Top Bottom