Guild Wars 2: Lion's Arch is being rebuilt!

Lion's Arch is now rebuild...and it doesn't look like it used too. O_O

I'm still trying to digest how skills and traits works now. My level 80 Engineer now sound like something out of a Scifi movie though, not sure I like it.

I just took a look at the changes myself. It would appear they made a simplistic game even moreso...

Before, you used to be able to equip any trait you desired - if it was of the current tier or below. Now, you're pigeonholed into 3 choices at each tier - great for cookie cutter builds I guess. The player power curve also increased greatly. You now have access to more abilities than before (14 vs 18 points).

So, more power but far less choice in how to appropriate that power. It makes sense for the kind of game it is, with the majority of the player base believing "meta"/cookie-cutter builds are perfectly fine in a game. Bleh.

Time for Avernum 2.

You missed out on a vastly superior cooperative experience, in my opinion.

NWN certainly has a less steep learning curve than GW and I imagine would be a good game to play with random PUGS, since you are less likely to wipe. I expect if they updated the graphics it would work well today on mobile platforms too.

Back
Top Bottom