Borderlands - Gameplay Trailer

Looks nice and fresh to me. I hope it has some decent rpg elements but it looks fun regardless.

Not everything has to have a deep plot to be enjoyable. Most FPS games have almost no plot, but still are a blast to play. The most addicting games I've played in years have absolutely no plot at all, Blood Bowl and Plants vs. Zombies. I'm looking foreward to hearing more about this.

I'm curious as to how exactly will this work out. The only way the randomization of guns will really be appreciated is if your character will be persistent. Something like Diablo. But is it persistent? I seem to remember some videos from Borderlands where skills were increased based on what weapon you were using. So it's gonna be something like Hellgate, but less of an rpg? I'm curious how this will work out.

The boxart for Borderlands was unveiled. Looks pretty cool.
borderlandsboxart.jpg

The idea is pretty good but the stance looks totaly stupid. He's bent forward and is making a fist, like he's trying really hard to take a dump..

Good trailer, very well directed. It bumped Borderlands up onto my wait for a review list. No idea what the music was but it fit really well with what was shown of the gameplay.

I think anyone expecting a new C&C Fallout RPG is going to be sorely disappointed. It looks like TF2 + L4D with RPG elements. Quirky graphics, tongue in cheek humor and gratuitous violence.

I certainly don't mind the graphics, it's nice to have some variety. My biggest concern is the how well the character art matches up with the environment, they looked like they were done by two completely different teams.

We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom