The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

That traveler's trunk at 75% off is actually a really good deal. 923TP gets you 5 Sov1 XP pots which normally runs 1100+ all by itself. There's also major slayer pots and 100 astral shards in there. Some other not-so-useful junk as well. Anyway, great deal for XP/slayer/shards, highly recommended.

I just wanted to remind you to redeem that 15 Anniversary token soon, if you haven't done that so far.
It'll be possible until December, 31st, that is guaranteed.

I will be online as usual.

That run was so frustrating for me … I got LOTS of ferrocrystal weapons which I did not want, and all the clothing / armor stuff was evenly distributed by the treasure chests among everyone else … I did not say/write a word about it until late, because I believe it would have made me look as greedy, and of course everyone fully deserves what he or she got.

Which is why I was particularly ken on looking after chests (and my character dying becaus of that), because I was so frustrated.
When I get frustrated, I begin to react more erratically, driven by negative emotions.

So, well, at least, I have some good-looking crystal weapons. ;)

I'm only a bit sad that I … well, not really "wasted" a pot for better treasure on that, because I DID get named loot - the weapons and a crown … but not what I wanted.

Well, that's how life goes. I'm so much used to disappointments now … the week before the last week I had it 3 times that tram, bus, train went away just before my eyes … And a fourth time last week … I got used to frustrations.

Anyway, apart from my negative sounding posting I wish everyone a good weekend and next week, too ! :)

Always speak up if something is up for grabs and you want it! We can always make a farming run again later as well; as Dte said there's a shortage of L7 content so a few more runs for the good stuff out of Feywild (or Ravenloft later, or Sharn) won't be a bad idea.

As a whole it wasn't the best loot run we've had either; see Corwin getting every Docent in the pack. At some point one of us need to run a Warforged just to make the docents stop dropping.

Absolutely, speak up Alrik. Particularly in the lower level content which you've been able to run on your own more often, we don't know what you've got and what you don't. If there's two or more people interested in the same item, we put it up for roll (/roll d100) and the winner gets it. Been doing that for years. For that matter, if there's a specific item that you really want/need, we generally just pass it if it shows up. For that type of situation, best to "lay claim" at the beginning of the quest and you should be fine.

Looking forward…
--last two Fey quests + saga
--Searing Heights standalone (the Morgrave one)
--new free quest
--White Plume 1/2/3 (skipping the prison because we hates it we does)
--That should put everyone nearly done with lvl9 but we're banking it until here, take lvl9
--ToEE (No whining, we haven't run it in ages)
--Bar quests as needed to finish lvl for everyone
--Then take lvl10 and add JM back to the mix.

I figure each block above is probably a session so it summarizes like so:
7JAN- lvl6 content, take lvl9 at end
14JAN- ToEE, take lvl10 at end
21JAN- add JM to the mix, start lvl8 content (probably Necro2 since Slavers will be tough without 2 trappers, plus VON)

Further on the horizon, we WILL run Restless Isles this life.

I would suggest Ravenloft, which I think we've skipped a couple of lives. While it overlaps with Restless Isles, that doesn't have much XP, and RL does. Plus RL has useful loot. Also, we may want to consider Threnal, since it has the Ratcatcher bow, and kinda fills in through 8, 9 and 10. Plus we haven't ran that in awhile.

I would suggest Ravenloft, which I think we've skipped a couple of lives. While it overlaps with Restless Isles, that doesn't have much XP, and RL does. Plus RL has useful loot. Also, we may want to consider Threnal, since it has the Ratcatcher bow, and kinda fills in through 8, 9 and 10. Plus we haven't ran that in awhile.
We ran Threnal last life, I thought, but that's certainly an option since, as you say, it helps fill in some dry levels. We'll definitely work on Ravenloft, too. Probably all 3 parts this time; I think we just did a bit of the first chain as fill-in last life.

FYI- the final quest of Sharn3 (Sole Survivor) is broken. Cannot complete at this time.

We ran Threnal last life, I thought, but that's certainly an option since, as you say, it helps fill in some dry levels. We'll definitely work on Ravenloft, too. Probably all 3 parts this time; I think we just did a bit of the first chain as fill-in last life.

May have, it's hard to remember since this last life took longer than usual, and we've had I think two alt groups float in at the same time. I was thinking it was a couple of lives ago though.

I think some of us had ran Death House several times for the Keylock Ring, but most of us didn't run RL beyond the first quest for the free weapon.

The L7 content is going to be the hard part. TOEE has a ton of XP, IF we can get through it. We've not had the best luck with that one in the past. Definitely not running it on Reaper though. Most of it outside of that and Gwylans is poor xp. So we may have to grab something else to finish out the level. Maybe Sentinels?

May have, it's hard to remember since this last life took longer than usual, and we've had I think two alt groups float in at the same time. I was thinking it was a couple of lives ago though.

I think some of us had ran Death House several times for the Keylock Ring, but most of us didn't run RL beyond the first quest for the free weapon.

The L7 content is going to be the hard part. TOEE has a ton of XP, IF we can get through it. We've not had the best luck with that one in the past. Definitely not running it on Reaper though. Most of it outside of that and Gwylans is poor xp. So we may have to grab something else to finish out the level. Maybe Sentinels?
I'm trying to keep us out of Sentinels this time around. We run it pretty much every life, because there's generally not much choice. The lack of lvl7 stuff is why I'm working so many lvl6 quests before we take the toon level. The intent is to need very little lvl7 content to get that next toon level. For that matter, there's not that much lvl8 content either (at least not that I plan to run this life) so if ToEE is enough to finish off a toon level and dig into the next toon level, that would be good.

As long as we get Coin Lords favor and Kundarak favor for more storing space I don't mind. ;)

I recently even rand the 2 quests of Ataraxia's Haven (or Heaven ?), and I think that especially the kidnapping quest is fairly easy to do, apart from the fact that sudenly you get something like 10.000 Dürgar dwarves running up to you and trying to get into close combat.

The Troll quest isn't that bad, either, only hugely confusing, because everything looks so similar there.

This way we might get additional Kundarak favor.

And meanwhile I've come to do Stromvault's Mine with every toon now, I still hate this quest, because it is so dark there. I don't even remember a single case in which i had to get all the way back again from the bottom because i had missed something.
On the positive side, however, it has a lower level requirement than the Ataraxia Island.

And Dürgar count now as Drwarves in the MM, too !

My sister has asked me to … what's the word again ? … disconstruct ? … some of her furniture , in preparation to her move to a new flat later this month.

Wouldn't the word be "Disassemble"? IDK just trying to help here :)

Sounds right ! :)

THe whole thing was cancelled by my sister, she had had her 3rd vaccination (spelling ?) that day, and said that her arm ached a bit, and that she felt "muddy" / "squishy". She actually used that word ("matschig" in German languge).

I'm trying to keep us out of Sentinels this time around. We run it pretty much every life, because there's generally not much choice. The lack of lvl7 stuff is why I'm working so many lvl6 quests before we take the toon level. The intent is to need very little lvl7 content to get that next toon level. For that matter, there's not that much lvl8 content either (at least not that I plan to run this life) so if ToEE is enough to finish off a toon level and dig into the next toon level, that would be good.

They definitely need to slot in some L7-9 content. L10-12 at least has Ravenloft, Restless Isles, and we can pick up Tempest Spine, the Desert or Ataraxia to fill in. I don't remember how much XP ToEE has but I'm fairly sure that unless we're already a couple ranks in 9 when we take it, it probably won't get us to 10. Might be a good spot for an XP pot for all of us though. If we're running Necro 2, that'll speed up getting to 11 as well. Maybe also to 12, depending on how fast we get through things and how long the pots last.

We could go under-level for Tempest Spine, to cover the gap in the L9 quests range. That's good for a rank or two by itself. Ataraxia would definitely fit in to be an alternate for the usual Kundarak stuff, and we could also probably do that a level under.

Maybe the Dread Island becomes level 9 (at elite difficulty, at least) ?

Isn't Sorrowdusk in the 6-9 range? It's a very quick set!!

Isn't Sorrowdusk in the 6-9 range? It's a very quick set!!
6/6/7/7/8/8/9/9/10/10. Not much XP and too spread out to be all that useful. Kinda like Tangles in that respect (although a much more enjoyable chain than Tangles).

We did run it last life for something to do, though.

No, I think Sorrowdusk is level 12 ?
Edit : I think the last 2 quests are 12 on elite difficulty .. ?

Besides, you need to log in with Reywind, because of the usual guild leader things.

Back
Top Bottom