Gaming BS of the week

Off-topic, I just wanted to mention the banner saga as a non-failing ex-bioware game. But it seems Stoic was more like a contractor working for several devs, with BioWare their latest customer. They really marketed it well as I thought they were actual BioWare employees.

My guess that that the gaming industry things that gaming is a thing for, of and by extroverts.
Especially multiplayer.
No-one does games for introverts anymore. As no-one wants them anyway, cynically put.

Does not fill the bill.

Gaming is being antagonized because players no longer bear anything that could make them feel insecure.

Designers are screening out features that could lead to poor self reflection. Players come with a certain idea of themselves and will scream anytime a feature that goes against their self perception.

Stuff is that part of the package is self acquired sense of worth, players considering themselves able and proficient. They demand a reinforcement of the feeling, leading to frustration.

Still not a good week for BioWare.

Last edited:
https://www.pcgamer.com/china-imposes-new-regulations-on-blood-dead-bodies-and-history-in-games/
SAPP will impose a limit on the number of games approved each year, and that some types of games, primarily "low quality copycat games," will no longer be approved. Poker and mahjong games will also not be approved, as China moves to tighten restrictions on online gambling, and games with obscene or immoral content, including "imperial harem games"—I'm not familiar with the genre, but I assume it's stuff like this—are also out.
Yay! Erm… But there's bad news too.

Game companies are also being encouraged to publish games that put an emphasis on China's "core social values" and "traditional culture." And while publishers were previously able to get around China's ban on the depiction of blood by changing its color, that will no longer be allowed.

"There shall be no images of dead bodies or pools of blood in any games," the report states. "Developers may not change the color of pools of blood to accommodate."
And then piracy happened in China.

"imperial harem games"

I didn't know this exists ... according to my search engine, apparingly not only Chinese themes are there within that genre, but also Turkish ones ("Ottoman Empire").

How are The SIMs not immersive ?

So Anthem failed because of male ego not EA BioWare?

Link - https://www.gamesradar.com/before-a...s-to-address-its-obsession-with-the-male-ego/
Before BioWare even thinks about expanding out the story of Anthem, it should really consider looking at the failings of the base game's narrative and of the instances of male ego that drives the story forward – toxic masculinity which ultimately works to the detriment of the story's core development and resolution.
Modern journalism at it's best everyone.:lol:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/microsoft/torc-vr-controller-prototype
Microsoft’s oxymoronic controller could be the most immersive VR peripheral yet

Microsoft has revealed a new level of haptic feedback that can be built into a rigid controller which makes it feel like you’re squeezing a stress ball between your thumb and forefinger. Yes, the TORC device is solid, but tricks your brain into thinking it’s squishy and in doing so Microsoft is suggesting that “oxymorons of haptics might be the new normal.”
In a few years I won't be mentioning mushrooms but squeezing balls.

PCgamer news stream, this very moment:
https://www.pcgamer.com/

pic.jpg

No comment.

Back
Top Bottom