Grimoire - Released

So, Grimoire's release finally made to News page? :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Can we all start asking for a sequence yet? :p

I don't know the story behind this one but observing the comments it's apparent there's some drama. All I can say by looking at the STEAM video is it looks like something I'd enjoy, but only at the rate of $10

Long story short - a Neanderthal that believes he is genetically superior to humans, and lives in a nuclear bunker, has been making this game since 1994. He has promised on many occasions over the years that it was finished and about to be released, to the point of absurdity. It's a rather shoddy and severely buggy WIzardry clone, but a funny cult has grown up around it, and they consider the coming of Grimoire will be a seminal moment in human history - an event they refer to as The Incline.

You probably didn't need to know that.

What I suggest is that you're right, and there's no way it's worth the asking price. If it's your sort of thing, get it at a bargain basement price if and when he gets it running properly, and when reviewers have confirmed it can even be completed.

Can we have a fundraiser for someone to review it? You know, for the cost of the game, the time wasted on this, future ptsd treatment?

The fun has never been the game itself but everything surrounding it, even the Cult is fun. I suspect than is not finished.

Steam comments are at least entertaining. Still, what I find most impressive is how he stuck to it. Only took 20 years!

Why isn't the Grimoire release breaking news? Cleve has brought us so much entertainment over the years.

I'm almost sad this game was released. The best gaming story ever has come to an end. Well, I guess I'll play it eventually.

I'm almost sad this game was released. The best gaming story ever has come to an end. Well, I guess I'll play it eventually.

amen

but I might buy it just to satisfy my curiosity. Anyone know how close this is to the superdemo? I can give that a shot again first. Games liek this can be tough for me to play. I don't want to go on record and volunteer a review unless I can get into it.

--

Someone needs to let Cleve know, you can't get a Whopper at McDonald's.

I think luggy is referring to the "eat crow" talk Cleve has been giving on the steam forums. Incline, Neanderthal, Sapes, Bunker, McDonald's, and Crow are all part of, or were just added to the Cleve Lexicon.

Its in the glossary section at the back of the Grimoire itself.

just reading a couple of downvotes on the steam forums.

Sounds like it could have benefited from a little more testing.

I have no idea about this game, or this Cleve character, but starting to research into it has been a lot of great trolling, reading, free entertainment. I wont touch it until/unless Ripper's advice comes true and they actually fix the game.

Those who played the demo know that Grimoire's dungeons are top-notch, really well-designed and full of secrets… if the full game keeps the standards, it can truly be an all-time classic.

I wonder then if people here will actually give it a fair chance once the drama settles down.

I wonder then if people here will actually give it a fair chance once the drama settles down.

If it gets a fair pricetag, they might.

You know what's worse than the inaccessible price? Cleve saying he'll never put it on sale after the launch discount. :(

I call that burning bridges to new audiences. I mean, if you're gonna be on Steam you gotta learn to play Steam.

IF he really wants to never go on sale there is but one game to copy who has pulled this off. Factorio. Which is $20 flat. Never pay more than $20 for a game. (exception makes the rule :p)

I couldn't care less if they do or don't. When all the drama settles down it is just a game. I'm not going to play it, but if someone on the watch will present a decent review, we certailnly would publish it.

They can't; from the comments it keeps crashing. Not sure if this is uniform or just an issue with windows 10. Also there appears to be a mouse/scaling issue.

Those who played the demo know that Grimoire's dungeons are top-notch, really well-designed and full of secrets… if the full game keeps the standards, it can truly be an all-time classic.

I'm watching streamers on Twitch.tv at the moment and there have been multiple crashes to desktop

I think if its really 600 hours he should have split it into a trillogy for $10 ea

You know what's worse than the inaccessible price? Cleve saying he'll never put it on sale after the launch discount. :(
Calm down. Jeff Vogel once said the same thing, and that he'd never put his games on Steam, and that he's looking at hiring a graphic artist to create a whole new tile set for his next game...

Can you guess which of the three above facts is actually false?

Yeah, but Spiderweb games are fantastic and Vogel proved himself to me back in Exile 3 days

I've never played anything by "golden era games"

Back
Top Bottom