Deathloop - OST and Update 2

Redglyph

SasqWatch
Bethesda informs us that the OST of Deathloop is now available on streaming platforms. Incidentally, the 2nd major update has just been released.

Game of the Year nominee DEATHLOOP's Original Soundtrack is available now on streaming platforms worldwide. Featuring 59 tracks from composers Tom Salta, Erich Talaba, Ross Tregenza and the team at Arkane Lyon, DEATHLOOP's OST blends musical styles such as psychedelic rock, country and blues to help define Blackreef island's distinct, 60's inspired sound.

The soundtrack release also includes three original songs from Sencit - Déjà Vu feat. FJØRA, Pitch Black feat. Lady Blackbird, and Down the Rabbit Hole feat Samantha Howard and Haqq.

You can find the soundtrack now on Spotify, Steam, Epic Game Store and iTunes.

DEATHLOOP received over 60 perfect scores and has been nominated for nine awards at this year's Game Awards, including:

• Game of the Year
  • Best Game Direction
  • Best Narrative
  • Best Art Direction
  • Best Score and Music
  • Best Audio Design
  • Best Action
  • Best Performance for Jason E Kelley
  • Best Performance for Ozioma Akagha
More information.

What is this game ? Its advertisement banners only show guns. I assume therefore, that this is merely just another shooter game.

I hadn't noticed that the forums sprouted gremlins on those names. Here's (hopefully) the correct version of the 2nd paragraph:

The soundtrack release also includes three original songs from Sencit - Déjà Vu feat. FJØRA, Pitch Black feat. Lady Blackbird, and Down the Rabbit Hole feat Samantha Howard and Haqq.

What is this game ? Its advertisement banners only show guns. I assume therefore, that this is merely just another shooter game.
It's a shooter, but made by Arkane Studios, who made Dishonored.

It looks rather good, but I haven't played it yet.

They made the same mistake in the trailers for Dishonored, which also mostly showed fighting…

But no its not just another shooter but has many similarities with Dishonored and Prey Mooncrash.

It wrote about it in the "Last game you finished…" thread.

It is one of my favorite games of this year.

I hadn't noticed that the forums sprouted gremlins on those names. Here's (hopefully) the correct version of the 2nd paragraph
Nah it's the forum software itself after the update this year that hates certain letters and symbols. It's well known at this point as when you quote or reply it replaces them.:(

It's a shooter

No.
This is Deathloop and gameplay you will never be able to surpass:

Game of the year?
Could easily be.
Apparently, unlike Prey mediocrity, no trashmobs respawn indefinetly in Deathloop (outside of the timeloop reset ofc).
Didn't play so can't know for sure.

Nah it's the forum software itself after the update this year that hates certain letters and symbols. It's well known at this point as when you quote or reply it replaces them.:(
I know, it's just that I hadn't seen the forum version of this particular news article here, the one that's made automatically from the other article format.

Tempted to buy Deathloop but:
- Denuvo
- require Bethesda account
- online PvP
- required DX12 only (I know I am ancient)

That's more or less my own conclusion after seeing the video review I posted earlier.

The PvP is OK because you can opt out, but those "invasions" are still there even if that's just an NPC.

The online requirement is certainly an issue. And I didn't know about Denuvo but that's an automatic no-go for me. There are apparently bugs that are annoying enough, too.

The online requirement is certainly an issue. And I didn't know about Denuvo but that's an automatic no-go for me. There are apparently bugs that are annoying enough, too.
One day my internet connection was broken for a few hours and I could still play it. So establishing an online connection is the default but not mandatory.

Denuvo is just a scary word people like to throw around. You've probably played other games with that DRM and didn't even realize it. 99% of the time there are no issues.

As for needing a Bethesda account, I suggest people get over that. Are you going to skip Starfield too?

I'll skip any damned game that requires some online account. There's not a game in existence now or ever that will make me stoop so low. I'll put up with that nonsense from perhaps 2-3 mmo's, but for a single player game? N E V E R.

Well if Starfield doesn't use Denuvo anti-tamper tech which I doubt because of the mod scene, the online Bethesda account wont matter. A simple crack will bypass it.:biggrin:

I already have a Bethesda account because I am an infidel who has played Fallout 76. I also have Epic, Origin/EA, UPlay. I also have many non-game log-ins. Log-ins up the wazoo is the way of the fucharr.

Yes, I prefer SP games with no log-in requirement, but for a lot of the AAA players that ship has sailed. It's only painful when something like M&M 10 goes on them, because let's face it, most of the AAA games that require always-online you won't even be interested in playing in the far future after the launcher or whatever goes defunct.

As for the game: I have to admit, I found it hard to work out what sort of game Deathloop was and so had very little interest in it, but after reading some stuff post-release, I'm coming around.

Looks like a lot of solid updates in the patch, concerning enemy AI especially. They seem so oblivious in that video that joxer posted, which I assume is pre patch. The gameplay looks fun but that player (maybe the developer?) is an expert at the gameplay and levels.

It's on my list when its on sale and I've finished a few more games.

Back
Top Bottom