Knights of the Chalice II - Released

Should be pretty playable now.
Yep. I bought it on Steam release and am about 15 hours into the Augury of Chaos campaign. Haven't noticed any bugs yet, although I have had 2 crashes to desktop. I'm playing on "challenge" (aka "normal") difficulty, and it seems reasonable so far as well. Harder than other games, but not unfair. Will have to see how that goes later in the game. Game is super fun so far. One thing that surprised me is I find myself actually switching to the old token mode (Alt+T) in combat so I can see positioning better. For exploring I usually switch back to the sprites graphics, but the tokens are growing on me and sometimes I've stopped bothering to switch back.

By the way, the guidebook that comes with the deluxe edition is pretty amazing, about 200 pages of no-spoiler info (basically an insanely detailed manual) and then about another 200 pages of spoiler info (basically a walk-through).

Yep. I bought it on Steam release and am about 15 hours into the Augury of Chaos campaign. Haven't noticed any bugs yet, although I have had 2 crashes to desktop. I'm playing on "challenge" (aka "normal") difficulty, and it seems reasonable so far as well. Harder than other games, but not unfair. Will have to see how that goes later in the game. Game is super fun so far. One thing that surprised me is I find myself actually switching to the old token mode (Alt+T) in combat so I can see positioning better. For exploring I usually switch back to the sprites graphics, but the tokens are growing on me and sometimes I've stopped bothering to switch back.

By the way, the guidebook that comes with the deluxe edition is pretty amazing, about 200 pages of no-spoiler info (basically an insanely detailed manual) and then about another 200 pages of spoiler info (basically a walk-through).

I played the downloadable versions from his website early on...but decided tow ait for steam.

I had a bit of fun with the scenario builder....seems really easy to use.

Funny put a post up on the kickstarter page and got my key:)

Some of Pierre's best works are his attention to both lore and manuals. There's a lot of depth to the first game that's not readily apparent at the start, and I'm hoping for more of the same in this game!

I just did the same and also got the key :)

Wow, you would think that all backers would have been provided their keys BEFORE it was publicly released!

Wow, you would think that all backers would have been provided their keys BEFORE it was publicly released!

It seems that whenever Knight of the Chalice is concerned, there is nothing "normal" :)

Still haven't received my backer key.

Aye, no key here as of yet, though I'm sure it'll happen soon. I think he runs a one man show so getting everything done quickly is likely not the way things run.

Yeah also still waiting for a key. :(

I believe he's still used to operating from his own website, which he'd done for years, and just hasn't integrated platforms like great old games and steam into his realm. Or I could be wrong.

It makes it looks like he doesn't appreciate nor respect his backers. Bad move.
The Kickstarter backers have had the game for a year and a half haven't they, along with the ability to download updates directly? All we're talking about is them being able to get it added to their Steam libraries? Or am I missing something?

It makes it looks like he doesn't appreciate nor respect his backers. Bad move.

It may seem like that but I believe it is not intentional. The poor guy is manually sending out emails one by one. When you have 1k+ emails to send it takes some time.

I really don't know why he didn't use some of his programming skills to automate it!!! (Or maybe he is working on that now?)

For most people it's likely a convenience issue, they'd probably prefer to add it to existing libraries that they already have via Gog/Steam rather than go to some anonymous website to download it.

The Kickstarter backers have had the game for a year and a half haven't they, along with the ability to download updates directly? All we're talking about is them being able to get it added to their Steam libraries? Or am I missing something?

Yeah, unless they are like me, and only download finished products.

It's a good point. I guess there are the achievements as well, cloud saves, screenshots etc.

Although I suggest not playing it right now if you are after a finished product. I think he is planning on patching the campaign a bit more before starting fully on the next module. The base game engine (rules/toolset/common art etc) will also get a lot of improvements over the next few years.

Right, but my understanding is you can download the "finished" product directly from him now, and you don't need a Steam key for that. But I could be wrong - I didn't back it on KS, so that's why I was asking.

Right, but my understanding is you can download the "finished" product directly from him now, and you don't need a Steam key for that. But I could be wrong - I didn't back it on KS, so that's why I was asking.

You are correct. The website has the latest version. The only thing missing is steam specific "content" like achievements.

I didn’t know that. But Steam is more convenient so I understand wanting a key.

I’m pretty far behind on all my single player games. Usually the last one to play them around here. Still haven’t finished Deadfire. But KotC piques me.

Back
Top Bottom