Need some Dying Light 1 help/advices

The main bulletin board is the request board. The dartboard is the bounty board. I'm doing everything on the request board.

Oh ok, I mistook their names. Lemme be clear: I'm doing the request board quests now and leaving those on the dartboards for later.

The bounty board quests though are more like challenges where they want you to collect 50 of this or kill 100 of that. That's why I'm skipping those. Also, I read that they don't all unlock until after you finish the main quest, and I don't plan on continuing after that.

Yes, like "Knowing Your Enemy" where it reads we must collect 50 Requisition Packs (whatever the hell they are - I never found a single one). But this quest and "Subterfuge" both unlocked right after the Tutorial, in the morning after we get to sleep our first night in Harran (meaning: they aren't locked until the end of the main quest).

Yeah, those two quests are available from the start, but there are others that don't unlock until after you've completed the campaign.

You won't find requisition packs in The Slums.

I just uploaded a Youtube video where I had some fun playing Dying Light in El Kabong style (don't know who El Kabong is? Click here)

I added English subtitles to the video above! The "Like" button is just one click away :p :p

You can get three new blueprints - the Electric Guitar, the Frying Pan and the Golf Club (another great weapon too) - by downloading the free DLC Left 4 Dead 2 Weapon Pack.

Go ahead and have fun! :)

Ah ok… that would explain why I've never seen it. Other than The Following and Cusine and Cargo, I left all the DLC unchecked when I installed the game. I generally don't install DLC if it only adds weapons or new outfits.

Just finnished the base game. Good stuff! Is the following worth the asking price of 20 euro?

Just finnished the base game. Good stuff! Is the following worth the asking price of 20 euro?
If you want to play the actual endings yes. Just be prepared for terrible endings.

Though I'd wait for a sale if buying now.

20 Euro sounds like a no-brainer if you liked the main game.

I haven't played The Following yet, but I should be starting it within the next day or 2. I'm right near the end of my replay of the base game.

20 Euro sounds like a no-brainer if you liked the main game.

I haven't played The Following yet, but I should be starting it within the next day or 2. I'm right near the end of my replay of the base game.

Would be nice if you could post some impressions! :)

Haha, gu-reat!! Now the airdrops ceased. And there goes the fastest way to progress up the Survivor skill tree. If I only knew it… :bigcry:

Would be nice if you could post some impressions! :)

I finished the main game last night and started The Following. A few hours in, and I like it a lot so far.

It's a nice change from the city. The map seems huge, and things are more spread out. You get your vehicle almost immediately, and you really need it considering the size of the area. You also get a new skill tree for skills related to driving and upgrading the buggy.

Smashing through infected with the buggy is fun, but it comes at a cost. Parts wear down and you have to repair or replace them. I like the story so far too. It's got some mystery to it.

I finished the main game last night and started The Following. A few hours in, and I like it a lot so far.

It's a nice change from the city. The map seems huge, and things are more spread out. You get your vehicle almost immediately, and you really need it considering the size of the area. You also get a new skill tree for skills related to driving and upgrading the buggy.

Smashing through infected with the buggy is fun, but it comes at a cost. Parts wear down and you have to repair or replace them. I like the story so far too. It's got some mystery to it.

Does the "Driving" skill tree appear in the main game *OR* only in The Following?

Last edited:

Thank you! Bought it :)

Does the "Driving" skill tree appear in the main game *OR* only in The Following?

That skill tree is only in The Following.

It's worth noting that you can start The Following at any time and transfer your character back and forth between the two games if you want. Story-wise though, it makes more sense to finish Dying Light first.

@JDR13;

Sometimes, out of nowhere, my DL1 screen goes this way:

DyingLight.jpg

Crane's stamina drops, he can't move fast, and screen goes hazy like that. Is it normal? Is this because Crane was bitten in the game intro?

Man, this is boring as hell. Boring! It just happens without warning and it takes a lot of time until the game gets back to its normal again.

Yeah that's scripted into to the game at certain parts when your infection spreads. Ha your going love it when you reach a certain story point were it's stuck like that.

There is also a bug were you have to reload or go back to the main menu to fix.

Yeah that's scripted into to the game at certain parts when your infection spreads. Ha your going love it when you reach a certain story point were it's stuck like that.

Oh my... :bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

Back
Top Bottom