Legends of Dawn - Patch 1.30 Released

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Aurofinity & Dreamatrix latest update for Legends of Dawn announces that patch 1.30 is now available for automatic download on Steam, and off the games website.

A lot of time has passed since we released the last LoD patch, but we are a really small team, and juggling with the new features you'll find in this patch is not a small task.

The big news for everyone that had memory performance issues with the game is that Legends of Dawn is now a 64-bit title (and 32-bit too). What does it mean for you? It means the game is not anymore "smothered" with the 2 GB of RAM limitation, which generated a lot of performance issues, even if the player had a "beast" of a PC. Thanks to the new 64-bit engine architecture, the game can now use all the RAM your system has.

What happens if you have a 32-bit Windows installed? You will still have an option to play last version in the 32-bit mode as you already do. Steam will automatically detect your system version. From this 1.30 version all future updates will be made for 64-bit version only. Therefore in order to experience better Legends of Dawn now and in the future we HIGHLY recommend an upgrade to 64-bit Windows operating system if you have more than 2 GB of system RAM.

Another great news is that we upgraded in-game physics implementation, so NVIDIA PhysX is not dependent on external software anymore. NVIDIA PhysX caused many issues in the past, whether in the scenarios where the PhysX driver wasn't recognized, or in the situations where the user simply forgot to install the drivers. This is now solved.
Thank you Bargeral for sending the link.

More information.

This could be awesome. I will have to install the game and try it again.

It had many more problems than just performance. If you can get it for cheap and got no other RPGs to play at the moment, it might be good enough if this patch is as good as they claim. But they said nothing about making camera view better, combat more interesting or fixing inventory mess.

Yea its quite a bad game. I usually like bad and crappy rpgs. But Legends of Dawn took it to a whole new level. Its just bad design. Quest are not simple because you never sure what your doing even if you read the journal. And npcs whom give you direction are usually wrong. Saying that the game could have been good if the dev actually decided first what type of rpg it should be. It feels a bit like a bad /diablo/baldurs gate/neverwinter. But it comes no where close. It might be worth it in a sale.

As someone who beta-tested this extensively, there is no reason to play the game. It isn't terrible or anything, it's just that there are so many games that have been done better. LoD would have been fine if it came out in '99. One crazy part of the game is the lockpicking mini-game. You need dozens of runes to unlock chests and the runes take forever to accumulate. You'll end up missing tons of treasure because you forgot where all the chests were.

The best thing that I can say about Legends of Dawn is that the team was WAY over its head when it tried to develope the game but they have worked tirelessly to fix all of the issues. The game didn't make much but they stuck with it so that they can try again. I'm not sure if their reputation is totally shot or not. I would not support a kickstarter because we've seen how long it has taken them to actually fix/finish their first game. I'd wait for a lot of good reviews to even consider playing another of their games.

As someone who beta-tested this extensively, there is no reason to play the game. It isn't terrible or anything, it's just that there are so many games that have been done better. LoD would have been fine if it came out in '99. One crazy part of the game is the lockpicking mini-game. You need dozens of runes to unlock chests and the runes take forever to accumulate. You'll end up missing tons of treasure because you forgot where all the chests were.

The best thing that I can say about Legends of Dawn is that the team was WAY over its head when it tried to develope the game but they have worked tirelessly to fix all of the issues. The game didn't make much but they stuck with it so that they can try again. I'm not sure if their reputation is totally shot or not. I would not support a kickstarter because we've seen how long it has taken them to actually fix/finish their first game. I'd wait for a lot of good reviews to even consider playing another of their games.
Although personally I would not support their next KS at this moment, this patch (if it does really help) will make me at least be a bit interested in the future of their next projects and make me stop bashing the game they made and let the market decide if the new game is worthy.

The article Couch recently linked with Starpoint Gemini 2 devs talked about how SG1 didn't do well and has serious problems but devs were persistent and made SG2 which is well received and gets good reviews.
Maybe LoD guys can also use the second chance?

I'm a KS backer of this game and in the end it turned out to be an average material.
You won't miss anything if you never buy it.

Won't say it'd be good if it was out 10-15 years ago, it'd be good if it was released in some year when there weren't many RPGs released. Since we're getting new RPGs like crazy lately, one better than another, I see no reason to play average stuff. Sure, when it's on sale it's nice to add it in the backlog and play sometime in the future, it'd be too optimistic to believe this "RPGs raining" will continue for a decade.

crpgnut spent hundreds of hours into this game and I'd take his suggestions before anyone else's.

It isn't horrible, it just isn't memorable either. If you don't have a backlog, this game would be fine to play to tide you over. I don't want to sound like it has no redeeming qualities. Read my earlier posts if you really want to get a feel for the game, as it was fresh in my mind back then and I'm old :D

Of course, if you have totally different tastes than I do, then reading my posts won't help.....

The game has 11% positive reviews which is among the lowest of any RPG let alone any game on Steam. It was my first Kickstarter experience and I'd definitely consider it a burn. Now I only kickstart (or buy into early access) with well known industry veterans with a proven track record.

Check out the 11% positive reviews for yourselves:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/234980/

LoD is still a work in progress but they ARE continuing to improve it. Wave of Darkness Kickstarter is live and I'll probably pledge. As someone mentioned, SG1 kinda sucked. SG2 is pretty decent.

I'll give them another chance.

Haha, this game has better all time players peak than Raven's Cry :D :D

Back
Top Bottom