The Mystery Scene Game

Bah! You are correct, it is from Wild Zero! I totally overlooked the filename...

very cool asian cult film, I got it on DVD. 'ROCK N ROLL!!!

I actually saw the band (Guitar Wolf) live, they opened up for the Cramps in houston. Theyre rockabilly punk. Dude busted out a pair of nunchucks and went crazy halfway thru the show during one of their songs, it was cool. Wild (and funny) band.

True f**'n rock and roll!

Uh... is that Face/off?

That's the creepiest Hannibal Lecktor ever performed as played by Brian Cox in the Miami Vice like Manhunter.

Nice curve ball. I remember this film well. A few years later I was sitting through Silence of the Lambs thinking..I've seen this.

That's the creepiest Hannibal Lecktor ever performed as played by Brian Cox in the Miami Vice like Manhunter.

Nice curve ball. I remember this film well. A few years later I was sitting through Silence of the Lambs thinking..I've seen this.

Yep, it's Manhunter.

It's based off of Red Dragon by Thomas Harris. And not only is Cox creepy, but Noonan plays a great psycho in this film.

A scene from the 'A Chinese Ghost Story' triology, perhaps ?

It sure looks like one of the many Hong Kong flicks from the 60'ies and 70'ies but I can't recognize any of the faces so I'm going to have to guess: "Last Hurrah for Chivalry"? or "Come Drink with me"?

It's not House of Flying Daggers but that's what the scene reminds me of

Well, fatBastard has the right time period... keep guessing! It's one of the classics of the genre, if that helps. Yes, one of the hundreds of classics!

I tell ya that swordsman only got one arm!

Well I can take a hint when it comes in the form of a mallet to the head :idea:

One-armed swordsman from 1967 it is then. (I didn't notice the arm was missing, I just thought he was clutching a wound to stem the flow of blood).

It must be said, however, that with the excessive wig use of the period it can sometimes be a tad difficult to distinguish what film a certain scene is from ;)

Right you are fatBastard - it is indeed

The One Armed Swordsman

I got to see this on film two years ago at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, it was a restored print and it was really beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom