Gothic 3 Difficulty settings in Gothic 3

Lethal Weapon

Sentinel
I have been playing lately switching between medium and hard difficulty. It seems to me that hard difficulty does more than just increasing hitpoints and damage. Enemies appear to be smarter, groups use better tactics, orcs strike simultaneously instead of taking turns etc I can rarely defeat an orc boss by the standard stunlocking method, I have to use special moves and move a lot. Can anyone confirm this, or is it just me playing too many hours and getting sloppy? Thx in advance.

I'm not sure - I've got my hands full on medium! But that would be really good if it were true!

Actually, I seem to remember Piranha Bytes hinting at a system like this. That is, they wanted the different difficulty settings to cater to the different playing styles people like. As such, easy mode would cater to the hack 'n slash click-fest crowd, hard would appeal to the hardcore player that wants tough battles which require you to think about your fights and medium would take the best of both and sit there in the middle. It wouldn't surprise me if this is true, but it'd be great if someone could confirm this.

Has anybody tried it? I thought "hard" would primarily increase the number of enemies. It would be nice if the player would no longer be able to exploit the combat system with fast clicks.

The only thing I noticed when changing from medium to hard:

Enemy damage increases.

One thing I can confirm is that playing on hard requires changing my strategy/tactics alltogether. I will finish playing the game on hard, it is much more challenging and enjoyable and I think that's the way the devs meant the game to be played.

BTW HiddenX thx for the tweaks.

Back
Top Bottom