Pricewatch!

Ooops, look who's sneaking in the back door! It's the Humble Bundle store, also doing a sale! https://www.humblebundle.com/store The selection is way way smaller but they've got some good deals.

The new Fallen Enchantress is just $10. It's still $20 on Steam even with the sale.

That's another game I've been curious about. Has anyone here played it? How was the original Fallen Enchantress?

Judging from the discussions on the Steam forums, they seem to still have a fair share of bugs.

That's another game I've been curious about. Has anyone here played it? How was the original Fallen Enchantress?

Judging from the discussions on the Steam forums, they seem to still have a fair share of bugs.

I've been playing the most recent one (Legendary Heroes) recently and so far it's a lot better than the earlier games. It feels a lot... smoother and more polished. Everything seems to be better balanced this time around.

I actually liked Fallen Enchantress more than FE: LH. They streamlined and nerfed a lot of stuff that made it less interesting imo.

You no longer find heroes on the map, you get them at specific prestige levels. Weapons/armor no longer have certain damage types. Instead, armor is universal and each weapon family gets a special move. Heroes were massively nerfed, overly so imo. Random skill gains on hero level ups were replaced in favor of skill trees which I find very stale and boring. While the old system occasionally stuck you with levels were you wanted none of the random skills you were given, it also often gave you interesting choices.

LH is still fun I just wasn't a huge fan of all the changes. Civ 4 & 5 are the only 4X games I've put more time into.

http://www.gamersgate.com/ has started it's autumn sale. Check it up as many titles are discounted.

GMG has "4 great deals, every 4 hours, for 4 days". Visit it frequently to find best deals.

Currently (next 2 hours since I saw it too late) an interesting price is on Bioshock3. You can get it for mere 7.5€. Which is less than it's recent DLC… If you're into milk-me till I drop dead masochistic stuff, can't suggest you a better thing to buy, well, at least till I find Sims3 on sale:
http://www.greenmangaming.com/search/?q=bioshock+infinite+4play

I've only just barely started but I think I might agree with Greywolf regarding the skill trees. Having random ones pop up made each hero really unique. Nerfing the heroes might be a good deal, though. In the original game I barely made any units at all for the first half of the game - I just smashed everything with heroes!

I'm seeing the tyranny of the front page clearly this sale. In the summer sale, The Last Remnant got on the front page early in the sale. By doing that, a *lot* more people got interested in the game and bought it, which kept it up in the sales chart for a pretty long time. I could barely keep up with the forums! This year there's no front page and the forum is as dead as a door nail. Those flash sales certainly have a major influence!

I actually liked Fallen Enchantress more than FE: LH. They streamlined and nerfed a lot of stuff that made it less interesting imo.

The campaign from FE is now included in Legendary Heroes isn't it? Although I assume it uses the mechanics of the latter.

GMG has "4 great deals, every 4 hours, for 4 days". Visit it frequently to find best deals.

You can also use the voucher code TAREM-4PLAY-VOUCH to get an additional 20% off any title at GMG until tomorrow. That includes the games in the 4-Play sale.

Last edited:
Noire indie puzzle spy game Gunpoint for 3,39€, flash sale at Steam.

The probably most beautiful shmup ever, Sine Mora for 2€, flash sale at GMG.

Bloodknights for 7$ at the IndieGala Store. Runs a couple of days.

The whole Valve catalog is on sale at GMG, for 50% off minus another 20% voucher.

WTF!? I really don't get this. I bought Bioshock Infinite for 50% off on Steam yesterday. Today, it's 75% off on Steam. I paid twice as much… only yesterday. Who makes that shit up?

What greywolf00 said. It's a bit of a trap.

Start crying when you see prices of that game's (both released and thousands of upcoming) DLC.

Dishonored is on sale today on Steam, I didn't have the last DLC so I've bought it. Dunno why. It was probably an impulse from typing the first sentence in this post.

Was tempted by Borderlands 2, then I saw it's going to be free in a couple of days with Playstation+ subscription. Sweeet! First Dragon's Dogma, Ico and Shadow of the Colossus, now this. Worth every penny and more.

Start crying when you see prices of that game's (both released and thousands of upcoming) DLC.

*shrugs* DLC is optional. I never cry about that. I'm not even crying about paying more than today's price. It's still a good deal. Just seems weird. I guess it works for them to make more money. It does make you feel like you kinda got cheated out of your money. :) But of course, this was once (and not even that long ago) a 60 euro game that I got for 15,- (7,50 euro now).

WTF!? I really don't get this. I bought Bioshock Infinite for 50% off on Steam yesterday. Today, it's 75% off on Steam. I paid twice as much… only yesterday. Who makes that shit up?

Surely the real question is "did you get value for money?" If the answer's yes, don't worry that you could have saved a few extra dollars?

Surely the real question is "did you get value for money?" If the answer's yes, don't worry that you could have saved a few extra dollars?

I realize I sounded just like all those people who say, "90% off!?? I just paid full price for that game!!!!" :) but this strikes me as a little more extreme. The price seems to be different each day. Oh well :)

The way to handle these sales is to pick a price that you'll buy ahead of time. If the price falls that low, buy it, and you should be happy even if it falls lower later.

Back
Top Bottom