Solasta - Dev Diary: Character Creation

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Henriquejr spotted the newest entry in the dev diary for Solasta: Crown of the Magister:

Video Dev Diary: Character Creation!

Hey there everyone,

Today's going to be a bit of a special update, as we're doing our Dev Diary... in video format! Hope you enjoy this little presentation about Character Creation - this time not limited to a few screenshots! If you have any questions or suggestions for a future video, don't be shy and post something below.

[...]

More information.

I really like what I see here. Even though some classes and features of D&D 5 are missing, I appreciate the honesty of the dev about the size of the team and how they opted to keep things simple. I think that this is just a better choice, rather than trying to include everything and releasing a game full of bugs latter (PF:K I am looking at you :lol:). I like the simplicity of everything from races to the pantheon. With that said, I still hate the UI though.

looks good so far... I'll be keeping an eye on this one...

Yup, also don't like the UI much. It just looks too sterile. Other than that, everything looks fantastic!

I didn't have a problem with the UI to be honest - I wouldn't say I like it particularly, but it's clean and clear which is the main thing I guess. The character creation options look great though, I can imagine spending a lot of time fiddling with this.

Character creation options do look good... I like the UI a lot. I also like skeuomorphic UIs as well but I also appreciate cleaner, more modern looking UIs. Clearly Solasta - like some other games in the past several years - are taking inspiration from the Legends games (and I think this looks to be an improvement on those - which, to my mind, had too many doodads and odd UI widgets that felt unnecessary).

I am so looking forward to this game. I played the demo and fell in love with it!

I don't love the UI - it looks too flat and modern, a bit like a web application or something. Not quite the right feels. But, it wouldn't make a scrap of difference to me if the game is good.

It's a pretty small team, a nice detailled UI probably isn't their top priority.
I found it functional when I played the demo, wich is enough for now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom