Tactica Hello everyone!

Tactica: Maiden of Faith
Yes, that was good, I already considered this, Tactica: Maiden of Faith will have a lot of variety in the encounters. Even some things which is not mentioned on his list :) I also got some new ideas from reading the list!

Nice to see you start a project like this! I will follow this forum for sure. =)

Do you have the basic story for the game finished yet?

Yes the basic story is finished, but I cannot tell or it will be a spoiler :(

Let us just say it will be full of HARD choices to make ( not whatever to request a kiss or not from a barmaid *pun* intended ), and it will be about problems which are very relevant today,, kind of like in Ultima 7 if you know that game. It will also be full of things of more lighthearted and humorous nature to not make it too hard to bear....

Awesome, just plain awesome. GG, you already sold me and I don't even think you're that far along yet. Oh well, as they say "good things come to those who wait."

Let us just say it will be full of HARD choices to make ( not whatever to request a kiss or not from a barmaid *pun* intended ), and it will be about problems which are very relevant today,, kind of like in Ultima 7 if you know that game. It will also be full of things of more lighthearted and humorous nature to not make it too hard to bear….

In my opinion, balance is the essence.

As everyone knows, I'm against too dark games ... :biggrin: ;)

Why have I never before heard of this? I usually don't read the forums, only the news and I don't think that I've ever before read anything about it. Also it isn't in the game database yet. To early in development I guess? Anyway, I like the little I've seen so far a lot and will keep an eye on it. Good luck with the project. :)

Thank you Amasius all the support we could get means a lot! We are still fairly early in development, and one of the reasons for this forum is also so we can get a lot of feedback and ideas from the community here. I will post screenshots/info/demos etc etc as development proceeds. Whatever or not RPGWatch wants to place it in their database and give some coverege on other parts of the site is entirely up to them. I am already very grateful for the oppertunerty of feedback this forum gives me! So big thanks to the RPGWatch team for that :D

You got me too GG, i'd love to see the first screenshots come in on this forum.

Do you guys work on the game next to your day time activities such as work and study?

I work on writing dialogue whenever I can find a few spare minutes between doing stuff here, helping out with U6P, and of course the varied claims of RL!! :)

I think it's an unofficial server. Buggy, as far as I know. And a resource hog.

We try to work as much as we can, sometimes it is frustrating that it doens't progress so fast as we want. Most of us have studies/work/other activities on top of working on the game.

For example; I've spent most of 2 days compiling data for the Compendium for the U6 Project. I still have to check and compare every spell in the game to make sure it matches what's in the Compendium and there are several changes from the original game which have to be dealt with. This is only ONE small, minor task, but it's taken me 2 days and I'm still not finished with it. Part time game work goes VERY slowly. Anyone want to pay us all to do this full time!!!! :)

I can imagine it takes lots of free time. I always find it strange how some people can complain if they, for instance, found a bug in the U6 remake. People don't seem to understand what has been done to get some project finished. Therefor keep up the good work and show something when you are ready.

Oh and another example that comes to mind, the next book from George R.R. Martin. He promised it would be finished about 4 years ago, but he is still writing. Let him write and make it as good as he can, imho.

I can imagine it takes lots of free time. I always find it strange how some people can complain if they, for instance, found a bug in the U6 remake. People don't seem to understand what has been done to get some project finished. Therefor keep up the good work and show something when you are ready.

Oh and another example that comes to mind, the next book from George R.R. Martin. He promised it would be finished about 4 years ago, but he is still writing. Let him write and make it as good as he can, imho.

yes, but there is time, and then there is time. You change over time, I bet there are many things that you have a different mindset now than what you had 5 years ago. The danger with writing (books, or software) is that you start spending more and more time changing things you already did than finishing the job. That's why it's important to have a clear end. A set time in which you force yourself to leave done stuff done, and just concentrate on what's not done.

Exactly wolfing... just look at dukenukem waiting forever... finally the project went down the drain... that's exactly what happen if you keep redesinging and changing things for too long... it is another thing altogheter if you keep adding things... but in that case it might be almost impossible to test and get it bug free though.

Are we talking about Age of Decadence now? :D

Any news ?

Back
Top Bottom