Concept gameplay for a pvp based MMORPG that is never going to be made!

Damian Mahadevan

Keeper of the Watch
Original Sin Donor
Setting: The 7 levels of Hell and a huge war is going on between demons and angels.

Class types:Angel or demon, i havent decided on the sub classes.

35 levels for characters.

Every 5 levels you are "trancended" to a new level.

Levelling is based on how much damage you do and how high level opponents are instead of kills. Random mobs for heaven and hell will exist so that people can level up even if there are very few to pvp with.

You occasionally get to come back to the previous level of Hell to kill as much as you can for "burst experience" for a set time and people in that level get bonus exp for damaging you.

Once you reach level 35 your exp is turned into points. The highest points in the server get to play a cross server game that will be dispalyed on youtube for everyoen to watchor somethign every 6 months for a prize.

No Priest type classes that do virtually no damage however Paladins will be there. No buying or selling of armor you are automatically upgraded as you level.

Would such a concept work?

Most concepts work with the proper execution, but unfortunately most executions don't work even with the proper concept.

Most concepts work with the proper execution, but unfortunately most executions don't work even with the proper concept.

:lol I know. I was thinking how you woudl make a MMORPG with concepts from Dota, i cam eup with this.

Your base concept of leveling based on how much damage is output would leave little room for variation. 35 classes but people would simply gravitate towards the one or two with the best dps of course.

Isn't PvPing simply based off of damage kind of boring though? Even a trite game such as CoD has stealth mechanics doesn't it? If I were into PvP (which I am not) I'd rather PvP in a game that offers a GREAT variety of combat tactics instead of merely pew pew pew.

Mesmerizing an enemy, or even charming them against their will and sending them into a pack of 50 <insert_generic_high_level_enemy_here> would be hellatiously more fun for me.

:lol I know. I was thinking how you woudl make a MMORPG with concepts from Dota, i cam eup with this.

They already have League of Legends :p

Your base concept of leveling based on how much damage is output would leave little room for variation. 35 classes but people would simply gravitate towards the one or two with the best dps of course.

I didnt mean 35 classes just 35 levels for all classes.

Isn't PvPing simply based off of damage kind of boring though? Even a trite game such as CoD has stealth mechanics doesn't it? If I were into PvP (which I am not) I'd rather PvP in a game that offers a GREAT variety of combat tactics instead of merely pew pew pew.

You are right bout the levelling based on damage output, perhaps the dota system where you get levels based on being around enemies killed is a better idea(like Dota).

Mesmerizing an enemy, or even charming them against their will and sending them into a pack of 50 <insert_generic_high_level_enemy_here> would be hellatiously more fun for me.

They already have League of Legends :p

League of Legends and Heroes of Newerth are fun for a bit but they get boring after a while, i attribute this to the fact that most people play the same map over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom