Pricewatch!

Hard Reset was on my Steam Wishlist (@14.99) thanks for the heads up.

BTW, just how does this bundle system work? I feel like I'm stealing here. And when I say how does it work, I'm not talking about the process of paying for the games at the various bundle web sites.

You will recieve an email conformation of your purchase, with a link to page with individual Steam keys for each game.

You will recieve an email conformation of your purchase, with a link to page with individual Steam keys for each game.

NO.
That was what I was trying to make clear. I wasn't talking about the purchase process. I belong to both Bundle Stars and Humble Bundle. I know how to buy stuff. I have about 3 or 4 bundles from each company. My question is that these games are sold for so cheap, I sometimes wonder if the process is legal.

I was bragging to my wife about how the game Hard Reset was available on Steam for $14.99 and yet I was able to get Hard Reset plus 5 other good games for $1.99. Heck, If I could have got Hard Reset by itself for $4.99, I would have snatched it up. I mean is it just me . . . but sometimes these sales are so good, I wonder if the whole bundle set up is real . . . . so help me Napster.

Developers/ publishers have to sign up - and in the case of indie bundles they actually lobby to get included - so they know they are selling for very cheap to get the exposure and 'face time' with gamers. That is how bad the glut of games has become. You have to 'race to the bottom' to get ANY attention.

NO.
That was what I was trying to make clear. I wasn't talking about the purchase process. I belong to both Bundle Stars and Humble Bundle. I know how to buy stuff. I have about 3 or 4 bundles from each company. My question is that these games are sold for so cheap, I sometimes wonder if the process is legal.

As far as I am aware it is legal, and maybe a way of promoting less well known indie games.

What you do with the keys is the problem: some would sell them on ebay and on online key stores for a fraction of the price on Steam and still make profit. The Humble guys avoided this by linking your purchases directly to your Steam account - so you are not given Steam keys anymore.

As for Hard Reset, it has been on so many bundles and sales (and you can even get it through retail for penuts) that they might as well give it for free!

In fact you can get Battlefield 3 for free on Origin now!

BundleStars is a daughter company of the French publisher Focus Home.
If a game is included in a cheap bundle, meaning not Humble Bundle and maybe other premium offers, it can have several reasons, for example:
- the game is so old that price simply doesn't matter. They're simply squeezing every last drop out of their back catalog.
- the game was a complete flop (-> Bloodknights is currently in a bundle. The game is less than a year old.), so they take whatever they can.
- the game doesn't sell for a higher price anymore
- Different target audience. Maybe many gamers simply don't buy bundles, and those who do often don't buy single games ?!
- Marketing. Maybe another DLC is coming up? Or maybe the dev is working on the next game in the series?
- Better business *after* the bundle. Happens more for 24 hour sales. Gamer misses .99$ sale and buys a day later for 3.99$.

And in case of Focus Home games it's even more simple: They have already been written off. Almost every cent is profit - 5k here, 10k there … a few k every day. All this with 1 or 2 people doing DB work and negotiating based on standard contracts.

Thanks guys for the explanation. It makes sense.

Now, due to Sacred 3 coming out soon (of which I am NOT interested), anybody know of any great deals for Sacred 2??????

Thanks guys for the explanation. It makes sense.

Now, due to Sacred 3 coming out soon (of which I am NOT interested), anybody know of any great deals for Sacred 2??????
HumbleBundle Deep Silver two weeks ago, with all Risens and all Dead Islands. ;)

Any good games on the list? I don't know most of them.

The highlights in the bundle (for me) are Sniper 2 and Alien Rage. Both are decent first person shooters if you are into them.

Deadly 30 is an interesting 2d indie, base defense, surviving game (single/co-op).

The highlights in the bundle (for me) are Sniper 2 and Alien Rage. Both are decent first person shooters if you are into them.

Deadly 30 is an interesting 2d indie, base defense, surviving game (single/co-op).

Disciples III: Reincarnation is supposed to be pretty good, but I already have it. Fearless Fantasy sucks. I'm downloading the Steam demo of Alien Rage now to see if I like it.

*Edit* Not bad for a budget shooter. It's very linear, and I don't really care for the arcadey point system, but it scratches that dopamine itch enough to plunk down $5 for it.

Last edited:
Gog - SimCity4 Deluxe Edition.

I already have too many games to play after buying two of Bundle Stars bundles and over 10 games on Gog's recent Insomnia sale.

Still, I couldn't help myself from buying another one.

SimCity4.

Enjoy.

I know I will.

I already have too many games to play after buying two of Bundle Stars bundles and over 10 games on Gog's recent Insomnia sale.

SimCity4.

Enjoy.

I know I will.

I was all over that one this morning as well :)

Battlefield 3 is temporarily free on Origin.
Meh.
It's a freebie so I'll take it, but play it? Never say no… I can't know if someone will come and lobotomize me just because and in such case I don't see a better game to play than this one.

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/free-games/on-the-house

SimCity4.

Enjoy.

I know I will.

Everyone needs a copy of SimCity 4. We will never see its like again.

The new (?) issue of the German magazine "PC Games" comes with Age Of Wonders : Shadow Magic".

Avernum: Escape from the Pit, the remake of Avernum 1, is 80% off on Steam this week. It's a must play for fans of old-school, party and turn-based RPGs, and has a fantastic game world to explore.

And it's one of the most challenging games I have ever played. If you take highest difficulty of course.

Back
Top Bottom