Frayed Knights - Released and Available For Download

I have found the moonstone now. What I did was that I reloaded an earlier save, went back to the snakeroom, searched, and found it on my first try. It looks like a bug, because when I reload my most recent save, it's impossible to find it, even if I stand in the right spot.

I don't think I have found it earlier by accident, and sold it by mistake, because then the questlog would have updated the descriptrion for the quest, and it hasn't.

That would support my theory that there is a flaw in the RNG. For the record I've now gotten to that same point and my searches aren't finding anything either.

Traps & hidden objects will be easier to search for in the first update available sometime this week. Also, the bonus given for the Awareness feat is going to doubled. I haven't done a detailed test of the RNG yet.

In my most recent attempt to search near the sign I had Chloe with 17 brains (monkey totem), awareness and a gold drama star luck buff. She still could not find it. So whatever the problem is, I doubt it will be solved by giving a few extra bonuses.

I just bought it, i thought i had to put all my details even with paypal because changing yout payment style was at the bottom. @_@

In my most recent attempt to search near the sign I had Chloe with 17 brains (monkey totem), awareness and a gold drama star luck buff. She still could not find it. So whatever the problem is, I doubt it will be solved by giving a few extra bonuses.

HAH! I just found the bug! It'll be fixed in the next release. This was (somewhat) unique to this particular treasure, though I will be looking through other hidden stashes to make sure they don't have a similar problem.

Thanks for letting me know about this one.

How big an area is covered by the 1/2/3/4 search results? I've poked around for (literally) 5 minutes trying to find treasures sometimes because when I get it down to a 1 I don't have any idea whether I need to barely move or what.

IF the treasure is on the same level, then I didn't find the area was overly large. However, some treasures are on different levels and you may actually be in a room underneath it. Those I found the most frustrating.

Are folks here agreeing with the 25-30 mark for a first time playthrough? Kinda curious.

Says nut who is currently on hour 233 in his 2nd playthrough of 2W2 (Two Worlds Two).

You may be on your 233 mark, but you don't have Defenstrate or Chloe :p

Game length isn't everything. There can be great games that are "normal" length and great games that are quite long. So I'll let you in on a little secret. Shhhhhh no one is supposed to know this. Are you ready? Ok, here we go. The secret is you can buy more than one game and enjoy both of them.

You are free to do that. Isn't that amazing? Here I thought all these years that I had to just stick rigidly to one type of game, but then my eyes were opened when I played Burger Time…….Oh wait, that was made quite a while ago. So maybe my eyes weren't opened just recently, but for a long time now. I'm free to love and play more than one type of game.

I feel so free now. Going to go dance naked in the rain. Later.

I'm currently playing through the demo - and my party has been defeated. Which means I have to reload.

Problems began with the fighter becoming incapacitated and the party having no potion or drama points available anymore ...

After that, I ran into too many enemies which made the situation even worse.

I really like the demo ! It feels so much more smooth and polished than the "Pilot" game, and I'm really enjoying it ! :)

Next round tomorrow !

@skaven:

It wasn't my point. You might be well aware that I'm a big-time indie guy. I'm the one who had the only copy of WarWizard on the planet. Even the dev had lost his copy. I have so many indie games that I could have the world's largest collection :)

Do you own all of these:
Nahlakh, Helherron, Natuk, Exile 1-3, Avernum 1-6, Aethra Chronicles, Excelsior 1& 2, WarWizard, Yendorian Tales 1-3, Nethergate, Geneforge (a few), Devil Whiskey, etc.? I think I have indie crpg-cred, in spades :)

My point is that I don't like small games, for reasons I've listed elsewhere. However, I never play two crpgs at the same time and I'm currently replaying 2W2. I might buy FK, but I need to try the demo and I'm sincerely hoping that I get more than 30 hours out of it. This is why I asked about game length. I know that you feel very defensive for this game, which I understand. After all, I love Oblivion and it's fairly well-hated by a large contingent here.

I work way too many hours to be a dedicated beta-tester. I beta-tested Prelude to Darkness in the first go round. I was disappointed when they decided to "fix" the game and broke it completely :(

The game should take you between 30-35 hours to complete, but don't forget that this is just the first of 3 linked games. Part 2 will take place soon after part 1 and you can import your characters from the first game with all their stats, and gear, etc.

@CRPGNut

I was just messing with you (I don't really dance nekkid in the rain ;)). I know what types of games you play and like. I agree with you to some extent, but I just don't care about length IF it is a quality game that I felt I got my money's worth out of.

Have fun with 2W2. It's a good game though I didn't play it nearly as long as you have.

Last edited:
I didn't expect to play it this long either, to be honest. I figured I'd get bored quick, because I played the whole epic thing 6 months ago. I'm surprised to be having just as much fun this time. My simple mind loves the loot mechanic in this game of finding an item, breaking a bunch of items down and making your simple item, the uber-item of leetness :)

I also like most of the quests. The one major weakness of the game is the dungeons. They are gods-awful dull. It's sad, but true, that the best items are found in people's houses and there is no good reason to ever visit a non-quest dungeon. Fortunately, most dungeons take about 15 minutes to clear.

I want to get Frayed Knights started soon though. I imagine that I'll like it well enough to buy, but I want to play the demo to make sure. I need to finish 2W2 and play Frayed in between it and Skyrim. With Kingdoms coming out a few months after Skyrim, I'm not sure that I'll have time between those two to fit FK in. I almost envy people who work 40 hours or less!

So I have a question about a part of the game that I am confused by. I'll warn first that my question contans spoilers.

I'm in goblinville at the point where the goblin boss has disapeared through the portal. At first I thought I had to finish collecting the runes of anarchy and come back, but obviously that did not work. I noticed my quest log says to try talking to Jacques but when I do he doesn't say anything. Is there something outside I need or is there something I am missing?

So I have a question about a part of the game that I am confused by. I'll warn first that my question contans spoilers.

I'm in goblinville at the point where the goblin boss has disapeared through the portal. At first I thought I had to finish collecting the runes of anarchy and come back, but obviously that did not work. I noticed my quest log says to try talking to Jacques but when I do he doesn't say anything. Is there something outside I need or is there something I am missing?

You actually ARE missing something, but you will eventually find it and be able to continue that quest. Keep exploring, etc and you should be fine. If not, ask for spoilers and I'll tell you more.

Back
Top Bottom