KoA: Reckoning - Preview @ RPS

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Alec Meer has written about Reckoning for Rock, Paper, Shotgun, although I found the piece trying too hard to be clever. Anyway, a snip:
Not that these are entirely comparable games beyond the superficial. Kingdoms of Amaretto is far more about combat than world simulation, with the hyperstabby likes of God of War namechecked as inspirations. You can wander the land at will and have a few pick-a-response conversations enroute, but for the most part you’ll be dancing the artfully-posed dance of death against a legion of assorted monsters, thugs and especially the Fae, a sinister race out to do all manner of nastiness to humanity and its elven and gnomish allies. (I’ll guess that dwarves crop up at some point too, but don’t quote me on that. Point is, Reckoning doesn’t fall too far from the trad. high fantasy tree, albeit opting for a grimdark take on it).
More information.

Kingdoms of Ameretto? Isn't that a drink?

They didn't blindly trust spell check...Alec Meer is being a smart-ass and suggesting the name is forgettable and generic. Same reason its called Kingdoms of Alan later on in the article. ;)

Guys, if we want to criticize KoA for having a generic name, then we have to criticize ALMOST EVERY game you've played... How about 'Gothic'? Or 'Might & Magic'? Not every game could be named Planescape: Torment after all, don't you think?
Anyway, the interesting is the fact that the guy enjoyed the game despite being harsh, and maybe this means good news for us :).

Hmmm if you can make fun of KoA, what would he think of divine divinity(worst name ever)

I think there was once a list of "the worst titles of video games". Don't remember where anymore.

Edit : Huh !? Google tells me that such lists are actually very common ??? O_O

Back
Top Bottom