NWN:EE thread

Or it not loading at all because NWN:EE had increased assets size support...

I assume Beamdog plans to sell a Drm-free version

I buy directly from Beamdog. You get it DRM-free and also get a Steam key - all from one purchase. Plus you can support them more directly if that matters to you.

I buy directly from Beamdog. You get it DRM-free and also get a Steam key - all from one purchase. Plus you can support them more directly if that matters to you.

Yeah I did this. I had a very quick poke around the beta version (using the Steam key rather than Beamdog download) and its looking pretty good. The music immediately got me in the mood to fire up a new campaign, although it will probably be a few months before I get the chance…

Yeah I did this. I had a very quick poke around the beta version (using the Steam key rather than Beamdog download) and its looking pretty good. The music immediately got me in the mood to fire up a new campaign, although it will probably be a few months before I get the chance…

Same here. It will be longer for me because I still haven't finished my Baldur's Gate EET run. Taking a break from gaming for a bit. Just been slightly poking around in Exiled Kingdoms and Dink Smallwood.

I had to google Dink Smallwood :)

Just been slightly poking around in Exiled Kingdoms and Dink Smallwood.

I had so much fun with Dink Smallwood back in the days. Hilarious game, sad I couldn't get back into it when I fired it up again recently as the game feels rather cluncky!

I had so much fun with Dink Smallwood back in the days. Hilarious game, sad I couldn't get back into it when I fired it up again recently as the game feels rather cluncky!

The mobile port didn't feel clunky but the touchpad movement was bad. Seems like a good one to play with a controller on PC.

Dunno, I use an Android tablet. There is a Dink HD remaster now. That's the one I played. It was too hard to use the touchpad joystick on my tablet. I tried a bluetooth controller and it didn't work correctly (the FAQ says the game supports iCade mode, whatever that is. My controller had that mode but it still didn't work.)

The HD remaster is on PC, too. Free download. I'd recommend trying it with a good Steam Controller profile. Would be much easier to tackle the action combat that way, IMO.

Is Beamdog doing any improvements or additions audio wise? I ask, because as I play a lot of NWN modules, I think what bothers me far more than the dated visuals is the background noise the game shipped with…

Like I swear if I hear that godawful "Has your daughter's leg healed?" conversation one more time I'm going to turn off my speakers.

So after saying that they wouldn't do model/texture updates for the OC, they actually started working on some.

I doubt that's going to be ready for the release on the 27th though.

Note that technically, these images are intended to show what a modder could do now that they opened the backend...but they do have work started on "refreshing" the game tileset and making new character models from what I understand.

Back
Top Bottom