Quantcast
Last Remnant - Page 3 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Last Remnant

Default Last Remnant

April 16th, 2018, 01:43
Grindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrindgrind grindgrindgrindgrind.
Toldya already. A game with brilliant and unique combat system ruined by the publisher who wanted godlike reviving trashmobs.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)

April 16th, 2018, 04:31
I've really no complaints, I paid five bucks for this game and gotten maybe forty solid hours of fun so far, and haven't won it yet. I need a way to avoid taking the companion quests though because I think I'm set with my team as is, unless mister or missus par excellence is still lurking out there somewhere.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

April 16th, 2018, 14:22
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
I've really no complaints, I paid five bucks for this game and gotten maybe forty solid hours of fun so far, and haven't won it yet. I need a way to avoid taking the companion quests though because I think I'm set with my team as is, unless mister or missus par excellence is still lurking out there somewhere.
It is a great game indeed, like I said in this same thread 7 years ago:
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
Just finished Last Remnant yesterday, boy is it long! (Steam says I played it for 90 hours). It is quite good, enjoyed it a lot. Plenty of tactical and strategic decisions to be made. Hard, but not too hard (except some optional bosses that I just decided to skip).
I would have preferred it if I had much more control over the characters' equipment and actions though. But overall, I'm glad I bought it.

wolfing

Dalek SasqWatch

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

April 17th, 2018, 04:49
The Duke is excellent! Who else have you got?

Level 40 is about right… for the middle of the game when you fight Fiery Gates! Quit anti-grinding and fight some stuff! (And no sneaky exploiting that poor dragon!)

Series of quests from the same person… a "scientist" perhaps? That one was funny! Did you run into the rare Opiliones in that cave?
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"
Last edited by Zloth; April 17th, 2018 at 05:30.

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

April 17th, 2018, 15:47
Ahhh lets see, I've got the Duke, Allan, Garu, Irina, and those are the ones I like. I also have one group of four magi, most of which I've had for quite a bit. My melee guys seem to perform much better, but the mage team often gets in an early shot and can wreak havoc on enemy squads that have more than two opponents.

I'm still using David but as the game goes on, he's starting to seem weak compared to others such as Emmy and Glenys. Jager also fit right in, his team always seems to be in the thick of things.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

April 18th, 2018, 01:34
Jager is another really good one - he and The Duke have some devastating single target attacks.

Wyngale can fit in just about anywhere. If somebody in your group doesn't advance very well (it's random so it happens sometimes), put him in instead.

Paris is good but he's trying to get married to a 10 year old girl.

Darien is fun - gotta have him in there!

Even if you don't use her, Nora should be in your party so you can get her quest. It's a good challenge.

The girl that's always asking you for stuff is pretty good in the New Game+ where you've got a lot of money to feed her item-based skills. In your first game, though, money isn't quite so easy to burn.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

April 18th, 2018, 04:44
Finished it today. Not sure if it is a game I'd ever replay, but I certainly got more out of it than I paid. I would really like to see another game come along that uses a similar system, too bad this one didn't inspire a franchise.

Next up…..Avernum three: Ruined World. I've put maybe two hours in so far, and enjoying it. This one seems to have quite a steep learning curve right from the beginning, so I'm a happy clam.

Carnifex

SasqWatch

RPGWatch Forums » Games » General RPG » Last Remnant