Nightmarchers - New RPG on Fig

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
@Comicsverse Nightmarchers is an open world, post-apocalyptic Hawaiian RPG which is trying to raise 100K on Fig.

Quick summary:

• Open world Hawaiian shooter
  • Learn fantastic abilities from the gods of Hawaii
  • Deep, branching, narrative, based on player choice and consequence
  • Over fifty skills
  • Fully customizable weapons system
  • Authentic Hawaiian locations and story
  • Dynamic game play that adjusts to your level and game decision
  • Over fifty outposts to conquer
Details:

Open-world action-adventure game set on the island of Oahu : go where you want, play the way you want (stealth, sniper, guns blazing, powerful spells), fight how you want, decide which factions to support or take out as you rebuild Oahu.​

[...]​
“MOANA meets MAD MAX”

Set on the island of Oahu after a cataclysmic event, NIGHTMARCHERS describes itself as “FAR CRY meets ZELDA.” You play as Kai, a man blessed by the gods to take back the island from a ravenous cult worshipping Kamapua’a.

The player wields both modern weaponry and god-like powers, giving the game a sort of contemporary fantasy vibe. You can transform into an owl to spy on your enemies. You can turn into a shark to find hidden treasure beneath the waves. Kai can even summon a magical bow to slay his enemies.

[...]
More information.

Hmm, a unique setting goes a long way with me. Maybe...we'll see what my next paycheck looks like. :p

Sounds a bit over ambitious for a small team.

Looks a little clunky to me - and I'm too used to polish and production values for this particular genre.

But I might check it out if it gets done.

FAR CRY meets ZELDA? Definitely not my cup of tea.

This looks like an indie AAA game like Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. It will probably debut on Steam at a lower price point like that game and be relatively short. It won't be fully featured like Far Cry through. But I think if we are honest we know that Far Cry games have grindy content and past a certain point they don't need to be as long as they are.

I think it will be entertaining enough and won't outstay its welcome at its price point.

Far Cry games aren't very long unless you want them to be.

Much like other open world games, you don't actually have to exhaust yourself to play them "correctly" - that's just how we've conditioned ourselves - I guess :)

Similar to Elex in some ways. Factions, ARPG, mix of melee and ranged ballistic combat. Even the animations being a bit clunky make it seem like a PB game.

OooOoooooo iiuuUuu uuUuuu SommMewere Over the RainbooOow.. IZ !! IZ !! IZ !! IZ !!

Ni!!

Fig? Won't join, sorry.

Outdated hair… it's an indie so it's no surprise…
But I love the clunkyness in the video!

Choices and consequences game? Definetly buying when it's done.
Here's hope it's not checkpoints based and that trashmobs are not godlike.

Nice surprise. Fresh cultures and mythologies are welcome. Its pretty ok, but I would prefer more ancient Hawaii with melee weapons and bows, not modern Hawaii with standard shooting mechanics.

*Dynamic game play that adjusts to your level and game decision

Nope, won't support crowdfunding titles with level scaling as a selling point. Could consider buying when it's released, but probably not.

I don't give on Fig, but I'll see in 4 years if it gets released.

Back
Top Bottom