Divinity 2 - New screens and a video @ CVG

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
There are some new screenshots to be found at CVG, with a small bit of extra info as well:
The game, entitled Divinity 2 - Ego Draconis, will continue the Divinity saga where the previous game left off.

Players will start off as a young Dragon Slayer who will ultimately become a Dragon Lord.

From what we've seen, an in-depth story will be complemented by a multi-faceted quest structure that offers a number of potential solutions to each mission.
More information.

Fly-through left me cold and I'm not keen on the plastic next-gen faces but I like the environments. One of the things I loved about DivDiv was Marian Arnold's quirky art style...I'd like to see that come through a bit more.

Nice to see news, though!

The flythrough clip was bland, but some of the screens look nice. Apart from the one with the "Why are you doing here?"-text... :roll:

I can't access the video, but your talk of a "fly-through" reminds me of the video that came with the current issue of the German magazine called PC Games together with an interview.

Some of the screenshots were shown in that magazine, too.

What I don't like at all are those small red arrows above the heads of the main enemies.

They just don't fit.

I don't like the fly-through either. There is nothing dynamic in it, nothing moves (like trees or the sky) and there are no people in it. So its a bit life-less all together. The graphics look detailed enough though

I'd call it a tech-demo. ;)

Fly-through video? where?

The screens look good, but the male character look like a rock star wearing flamboyant armor.

The video is at the right hand side of the article.

Very nice. I like the fly thru. Did you guyd happen to read any of the article? The description of one of the quests was great. I can't wait.

"Divinity fans will be happy to know that composer Kirill Pokrovsky will be returning to create the soundtrack for the new game."

Joy!

"Divinity fans will be happy to know that composer Kirill Pokrovsky will be returning to create the soundtrack for the new game."

Joy!

Yep - that pretty much ended any quibbling I was doing about the video or other concerns.

I liked the movie, seemed to be a sort of intro movie up to the mainscreen.
I like the atmosphere of the game and the mutiple choice quests :)
About the arrow: I think it is optional because I only saw it at one image

I saw it on two.

One of the things I loved about DivDiv was Marian Arnold's quirky art style...I'd like to see that come through a bit more.

I believe that to be unlikely. Marian is -as far as I know from comments on the forums- "only" a freelancer on Divinity 2, working from home, and not in Belgium, on site, at the studio. This would seem to indicate that his level of involvement and influence is probably relatively minor compared to the first game.

Marian has always been a freelancer as far as I know. Even when he was working on site. His involvement is however more limited as you mentioned.

And what about you, Moe?

Not itching to be part of Divinity 2 at Larian again?
:mellow:

I think you might be confusing me with someone else, Ragon (maybe with Arhu who did some editing on the 1st game?). Moi, I have never been a part of anything Divinity nor have I been "at Larian" ever. Well, except for a single day to get a preview glimpse of DivDiv for RPGDot (and PlanetDivinity) but that was all.

Back
Top Bottom