The Movie Quote Thread

Bartacus

BartWatch
Quoted from Skelly at the dot:

This is a game we use to play. Actually it´s not a game, more of a question/answer situation. Rules are; I drop a movie-quote. No-one else is allowed to say another until the one I said has been solved, meaning someone can figure out what movie. No need to mention the actors or the producer or anything, just the title of the movie. The movie has to be fairly well-known. You are allowed to ask for clues. The person figuring the title out is the next to say a movie-quote, and on it goes. Example:
Pinnen says: "Heeere´s Johnny!"
Testuser says: "Hmm, I´m not sure.... a clue please"
Pinnen says: "Redrum"
Testuser says "The Shining"
Pinnen says: Correct.
Testuser drops a movie-quote.

Now the real thing:
"Spiders... the spiders... they want me to tap-dance. And I don't want to tap-dance! "

Nice try, but I think I am correct:

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Snakes on a Plane.

Well, since Txa seems to have forgotten about this thread I'll choose a new quote.
Crap ... didn't see a notification ...

So Lethal Weapon gets the next one :)

For now, just to pile on:
Everybody strap in! I'm about to open some fucking windows.

Considering this is not a very popular thread, I'll give you an easy one:

"...your fall from grace has been the fall of a century."

Tip: The novel preceeded the movie.

Tip: The novel preceeded the movie.
Worst tip of the century, considering that in theaters now we have 4 or so of the top 10 movies for which that would be true ;)

To answer: Anne Rice's Interview with the Vampire

I didn't really like it much, but it did leave an impression ... and we happened upon some of it the other night so that was fresh.

Perhaps to scare up interest, I'll do a rediculously easy one:

Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government

Hm. I thought that *was* a softball... Hint: you've seen at least three movies by the same director unless you've been living under a rock for the past few years.

OK, that tells me the likely director ... and that I've seen 3 of his last 4 movies (I like my monkeys at least 70 years old, thanks). But since I have only *ever* seen 3 of his movies, I'll leave it for someone else and resist the urge to google it ;)

It's not my turn, but it may never be, so I'm throwing one of my favorite movie quotes up on here. :p

"This town needs an enema!"

EDIT: Bonus points for naming the character and actor who said that line. ;)

Back
Top Bottom