Goodbye from me - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Goodbye from me

Default Goodbye from me

February 17th, 2020, 06:13
Just want to say bye to everyone.

It was getting rather obvious that I'm firmly in "minority" with just about everything and I am getting rather tired of hearing opinions that are always opposite to mine with no one really being able to understand how I feel - completely out of place.

So, it is rather difficult to find a reason to hang around - must admit, it's doing any good for my mental health either.

So, good bye. I hope everyone continues to enjoy gaming.
--
Favourite RPGs: Baldur's Gate II, NWN: The Aielund Saga, Pathfinder: Kingmaker, Icewind Dale I, Stardew Valley

purpleblob

Princess

Mentioned: 120 Post(s)
+1:

February 17th, 2020, 06:27
Damn not another long time member leaving the site.

Who will I talk about certain RPGs and my love for RTwP games now?

You'll definitely be missed purpleblob.
--
We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 06:35
Purple

Drithius

Laughing Gnome

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
+1:

February 17th, 2020, 07:39
Really sad to hear this. That you're leaving. And that you feel the need to leave.

A pibbur who will miss the princess.
--
Over the mountain watching the watcher

a pibbur

Feeling … lonely?

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 08:28
Sorry to hear that you're leaving. I've been a member here for a while, but I've mostly lurked for most of that time. Despite mostly keeping up, and browsing through new posts, I'm completely unaware of the context. Out of concern/curiosity I guess I'll be looking through purpleblob's posts?

Edit: Is this about RTwP? Am I missing something deeper or older? Is this because purpleblob prefers RTwP?
--
Check out Himeko Sutori, the strategy RPG where you command an army of up to 200 unique heroes

Nathaniel3W

Himeko Sutori Developer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 08:37
Sad to hear your going. I know the feeling your talking about but know you are not alone.

Silver

Spaceman
RPGWatch Team

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
+1:

February 17th, 2020, 08:43
Really? How said. You seem really nice.

All I know is really, really like Baldur's Gate.
--
Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
+1:

February 17th, 2020, 08:59
I know the feeling! I have many unpopular opinions too. But it makes us who we are. Be proud of who you are.

Wishing you a future full of happy travels, Pathfinder.

--

Caddy

Broken Screwdriver
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
+1:

February 17th, 2020, 09:31
For those who are unsure of purpleblob's taste, blob has quite a prestigious history on the site and has so far reviewed the following games officially for RPGWatch:

Stardew Valley 14/06/2016
The Aieland Saga 24/05/2017
Expeditions: Vikings 25/09/2017
Pathfinder: Kingmaker 27/12/2018

Which to me doesn't look like a very controversial list of games that would generate very much in the way contrary conversations, though I was surprised when blob didn't include either Stardew Valley or Expeditions in her Game of the Decade vote along with Kingmaker.

This suggested to me something was up, but I didn't wish to pry. So perhaps it is now the right time to pry? @purpleblob , have you been thinking about this for a few weeks? Or is it just fatigue from the recent onslaught of turn-based extremists posting in the Pathfinder threads that have driven you mad?

lackblogger

SasqWatch

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 09:32
Originally Posted by Nathaniel3W View Post
Edit: Is this about RTwP? Am I missing something deeper or older? Is this because purpleblob prefers RTwP?
Well partly but yes it seems a few vocal watchers who hate RTwP have been picking on her in various threads. I for one love RTwP RPGs and dislike turn-based ones.
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I know the feeling! I have many unpopular opinions too. But it makes us who we are. Be proud of who you are.
Exactly my friend. Never stop being who you are because of online public opinion.
Originally Posted by you View Post
I prefer turn base but don't remember picking on @purpleblob. If i did i'm sorry.
Wasn't you but a certain SirJames.
--
We do not stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing!
Last edited by Couchpotato; February 17th, 2020 at 10:00.

Couchpotato

Laziest Man Alive

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 09:35
I prefer turn base but don't remember picking on @purpleblob. If i did i'm sorry.

you

Lazy_dog
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 10:13
@purpleblob - I hope that you don't go. I really like your insight about games, your reviews and you're passionate about RPGs.

I haven't follow recent discussions, so I don't know the cause of your dissapointment. But let me assure you, your opinion is valued by many, even if they don't take part in every discussion. So please stay.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
RPGWatch Team
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 10:54
When someone leaves, some pathos is in order I think.
BUT.

To slightly paraphrase Rick Gervais's wonderful Golden Globe rants: this is just an internet forum, nobody cares about.

If you are upset about certain things here - don't worry. This is just a forum.
So, sit back, relax, and Live a Life (clever jRPG reference here!).
And most importantly, go play those wonderful games you really like without all the trolls.

You'll eventually calm down. And if you wish, look back here for a good laugh (geez, these lovable f*ckers are STILL arguing about those petty things?!)

duerer

Keeper of the Watch

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 10:54
Well, here's another vote to you staying.

I don't think having a different opinion is a bad thing. I think it's a great thing.
So hope you stay.

Anyway we haven't fought I think and I value your contributions to the community.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

February 17th, 2020, 13:33
Hi purpleblob

Please reconsider! We need a diversity of voices and contributors on the Watch. Or maybe take a short sabbatical and return to the site after a break. Lurk a bit maybe and resurface when you're ready.

For what it's worth, I've always enjoyed reading your posts and sensing the excitement in your words regarding games that you play and like. To be honest, I haven't fully got into Kingmaker yet - but it was your passionate posts that helped influence me to eventually pick it up.

I also think there are more people here who share your opinions than you may think, so don't lose heart.

I haven't been posting much these days - too little time and my disappointment with a couple of kickstarted games I was strongly invested in has affected my desire to become immersed in RPGs in recent times; particularly newer games. I've been playing lots of MAME though (even competitively online) which has been great.

That all said, I'm still hanging around; lurking and reading posts and perspectives from Watchers, keeping up with the news posts…(cheers to you guys for keeping it going) . It's reassuring to know one can return to catch up on this at any time.
--
Diddledy high,
Diddledy low,
Come brave blood sheep,
You've a goodly way to go.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj

Pessimeister

Living Backwards
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 14:46
Don't leave Purple. You're one of the main reasons I tried Expeditions: Vikings. I loved that game. Great review you did there.

When I read the topic I was hoping it was a few others that decided to leave. I won't say any names.
--
"From knowledge springs Power, just as weakness stems from Ignorance."

Hastar

Unspeakable
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 15:16
Another post to ask you to reconsider Purple, I enjoy, admire and value your posts. If I see your name, I'll click on and have a read. I also took another look at Kingmaker because of your posts and found a game I really liked, after feeling so overwhelmed by it initially. Look after yourself, perhaps a break might have you feeling differently xx

Qayto

Watcher
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 15:36
For all I remember you were the only person on this board who never slammed me when I said Stardew Valley is simplified Sims.
I'm aware I didn't make things any easier for you by stigmatizing timers in a game that would be 10/10 without those, but… Never ment to hurt anyone on the board, hoped devs will read it.

I say don't go. Definetly take some time off the forum. But we need your input. Without a variety of opinions this site would turn into a sad place.
--
Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin 1 & 2 Donor

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 19:16
Please don't go, PurpleBlob! You're so passionate when talking about the games you play & love, we need your insightful reviews and opinions here
--
Sou tricolor de corao!

Sie sind das Essen und Wir sind die Jger!

henriquejr

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)

February 17th, 2020, 19:30
I can totally sympathize with Purple as I too often feel out of place here. I actually was all set to leave as well a while back, but I received some nice PMs from a handful of people here and Purple was one of them. They convinced me to stay and I just changed my posting habits and took thing much less seriously.

Hopefully @purpleblob will see this thread and take her own advice that she gave me and stick around. It would be a shame to see her go.

sakichop

Mentioned: Post(s)
RPGWatch Forums » General Forums » Off-Topic » Goodbye from me