Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread - Page 58 - RPGWatch Forums
|
Your donations keep RPGWatch running!
RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

Default Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread

March 3rd, 2020, 03:35
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Is there a mod that does away with the kingdom building? I loved the first chapter of the game and just got dreadfully bored once I got the stupid keep or whatever it was. What about timed quests? Is there a mod that does both?
The game itself has an auto-kingdom option. Enable it and no more kingdom management at all. No need for a mod when the game has its own option to remove it.

Not sure on the timed quests as it doesn't bother me so had no need to research it.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)

March 3rd, 2020, 03:37
Originally Posted by crpgnut View Post
Is there a mod that does away with the kingdom building? I loved the first chapter of the game and just got dreadfully bored once I got the stupid keep or whatever it was. What about timed quests? Is there a mod that does both?
I think there's an option that says Automatic kingdom building and you don't have to worry about it.
Not 100% sure if you then just assign advisors or something.

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

March 5th, 2020, 05:50
I finally finished the game, btw.

A word of warning to anyone who makes it to the end: what you think is the end is actually the beginning of several quests. You'll think you're about to face the final big baddy, only to find you need to gather another bunch of somethings. (Though, to be fair, the last group of 3 somethings are directly along your path.)

Also, be sure to bring plenty of Diamond Dust around in the end game. I just pulled a big pile of it out of my common chest around half way through the game and pretty much forgot about it. Then I ran out with about 3 spawns to go! Facing Big Baddy without my communal stone armor made it a good bit harder.

I would actually advise against the DLC. Honestly, this game has TONS of content as is. I think it would be best to wait until you actually finish this monster and then buy the DLC if you want to play through a second time.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….
-- Doctor Who in "Face of Evil"

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

March 10th, 2020, 14:01
I'm playing through the game finally and enjoying it. I don't think rtwp is great but I don't think turnbased would make sense for this game as there are too many fights.

I am enjoying it but not sure I will last.

I thought I was halfway through and I think I'm still in chapter 2

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Pladio

March 15th, 2020, 21:37
I happened to play one of my old videos from Divinity 2 when getting toward the end of this game and… hold on, my character has Nyrissa's voice! I looked up the voice actress (Amelia Tyler) looked into her list of game roles and found she also played Malady in Divinity: Original Sin 2.
--
The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views….

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

March 21st, 2020, 15:32
Just finished the game…oh my. This has been without a doubt my most enojoyable gaming experience since…forever I guess. Extremely satisfying and actually fun the whole way through, can't say that about many 100hour+ games. I only wish you didn't get to keep all the companions for one playthrough, since I've already done all their quests replaying isn't quite as a tempting as it would be if I hadn't seen most of the content already.

TomRon

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
+1:

March 24th, 2020, 20:18
I realize most around here don't care about graphics in a game like this. I still do myself though. This mod really makes a difference in the clarity of many textures, for anyone who might want it here is the link:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/171?

The 256 npc textures upped to 1024 and they were provided by Owlcat - Mortheim community manager.
--
Character is centrality, the impossibility of being displaced or overset. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

+1:

March 24th, 2020, 20:43
What's going on with Octavia and Regongar?

I've just finished the Season of Bloom, and all the other characters have given me at least the first step of their personal quests, and a few have given me the second.

Nothing at all from Octavia and Reg. Is this normal? Is there a specific plot event later on that kicks off their quests, or have I messed something up?
--
"But if it's a battle," he said, "which side is which?"
"If it's a battle," said Lilac.

Hexprone

Thou hast lost an eighth!

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

March 24th, 2020, 22:19
Originally Posted by wolfgrimdark;1061600533This mod really makes a difference in the clarity of many textures, for anyone who might want it here is the link:

[url

https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/171?[/url]

The 256 npc textures upped to 1024 and they were provided by Owlcat - Mortheim community manager.
I started playing again yesterday after a half year hiatus due to a few game crippling bugs. Since all my mods stopped working I'm playing vanilla at the moment. Which mods are worth having with current version 2.08 besides this one?
--
"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
Administrator
RPGWatch Team
Original Sin 2 Donor

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

March 25th, 2020, 00:39
Originally Posted by Arhu View Post
I started playing again yesterday after a half year hiatus due to a few game crippling bugs. Since all my mods stopped working I'm playing vanilla at the moment. Which mods are worth having with current version 2.08 besides this one?
I haven't had any issues with my mods and I am on the most current version of the game. Was playing last night and its been good.

What mods are worth it is extremely relative :-) But here are the ones I am using. Mostly visual related. The Bag of Tricks I use for visual as well - to make my character one size larger in scale and make my wolf look like a Worg. Oh and it also lets me name my animal companion with a personal name.

Can click if need full size for readability. Its just an image I threw up on Flickr.
--

wolfgrimdark

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Donor
Original Sin Donor

March 26th, 2020, 04:07
Camera rotation FOR SURE!

I definitely liked the turn based mod. It really helped me understand what was going on in combat.
--

Zloth

I smell a… wumpus!?
RPGWatch Donor

RPGWatch Forums » Games » Pathfinder: Kingmaker » Pathfinder: Kingmaker Question/Tips & Tricks Thread