Crusader Kings III - Review @ Polygon

It's true that a word means what use the general public gives to it, and some terms are hard to define. But it's also true that if a word means something to me, nobody, not even the Royal Institute of Linguistics, is going to convince me that the word means something else.

I agree with the content of your post, but I feel differently about it. It's just a fact of life, so why care much about it? I mean, it still annoys me when someone uses a word the "wrong" way, and sometimes I get annoyed enough/have the energy to care and to say my opinion about it. Most of the time I don't care a lot, though. Especially when it comes to games, since it's my hobby and not very important in the end.

Some pet peeves of mine are when people confuse: they're and their; literally and metaphorically; it's, its, its'; or when they use semicolon instead of colon. Or when people talk about old debunked psychological myths like left-brained/right-brained, catharsis or learning styles (auditory/visual/practical).

I realized long ago, however, that I do the same mistakes. And I'm a besserwisser as well, which means I do mistakes and have trouble admitting it. :D

So yes, my mom's cooking and the food I grew up with tastes best! :D

Huh. Seems the only thing about the term "RPG" people agree on is that nobody agrees on one definition.

Just finished Wasteland 3, that was a good game. I'd definitely call that an RPG. The ending was even satisfying for me based on the moral choices I made, etc etc. I've never played a Crusader Kings game but I'll pick this one up and suppose that I will decide for myself if I'd call it a RPG or perhaps something else.

I would call it a grand strategy game with the ability to roleplay as specific characters :D

Back
Top Bottom