Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Tip and Tricks -

I'm doing it as I'm roleplaying a thief, but it's unbelievably fun.
It provides optional questsolver options in many places, for example you don't have to persuade miller's helphand to leave nor set a brawling "trap", after you learn the story about miller's son you'll instantly have an idea he could have something worth stealing and it can solve the quest easily plus it's fun to see him running away.
What's not fun was micromanaging stolen items early in the game, but after you get a horse even that isn't a problem any more.

You definetly don't need to steal anything at all. Plenty of $ you'll earn by other ways and stealing isn't mandatory anywhere except in thieving sidequests which you can opt not to do.
For example at first Miller you don't have to do him a favor and "steal" a ring, just pay up with some real $ you'll already have from selling herbs in the first village and that's it.

One thing though. The best longsword in the game (Queen of Sheba's) is not possible to complete without stealing. Yea, two part owners will refuse to sell them. While the best, the sword is just a bit better than the 2nd best so it's not a biggie if you don't want to steal anything.

ok guys, a question to both of you: you both seem to be doing a lot of stealing. Now, I'm not a paladin sort of guy but I'm curious if it's difficult/impossible to progress without stealing or you are doing it just for fun of it?

Well there is "stealing" and then stealing.

For example, there is a main quest where you go hunting which is illegal except for the land lord. You are with the land lord so it is ok, but the meat you pick up is still marked as poached for some reasons. Scavenging the stuff of dead people in the middle of nowhere, that you didn't kill, might also result in items marked as stolen.

But real stealing is not a requirement for the main quest as far as I experienced so far, but it does provide alternate ways to resolve some quests/situation. There are thieving side quests/activities though and they are fun to do.

I haven't stolen a thing so far, besides of what I found in the wilderness, which includes deer as well as boxes. Never had a problem with that and it generates tons of money. Actually makes it too easy.

Poaching is stealing Kordanor... ;)

Maybe. But stealing from a house takes lots of effort in comparison to running into the forest, shooting one deer, come back and sell anything without the slightest consequence.

Just watch out for the gamekeepers. I haven't seen a single one of them, but apparently they exist and will search you for poached meat if they see you in the forest.

Might have actually seen some. Some people running around in the forest and saying something like "you should not be here!".
Guessed these were nobles hunting. They didn't care though that I also killed stuff close by.

For example, there is a main quest where you go hunting which is illegal except for the land lord. You are with the land lord so it is ok, but the meat you pick up is still marked as poached for some reasons. Scavenging the stuff of dead people in the middle of nowhere, that you didn't kill, might also result in items marked as stolen.
Bugs. ;)
Some people running around in the forest and saying something like "you should not be here!".
No, those are bandits or cumans who should attack you if you come too close. You'll know when gamekeeper appears as they trigger automatic dialogue sequence. And they're basically annoying in my game, appear too often instead of traders who sell loaded dice or treasure maps.
Anyway, if you're into poaching, just keep stolen meat/skins on your horse till you stash it in your trunk or sell it.

Another moneyearning easy scheme without stealing is fasttravel between towns and trigger random encounters of which some will be bandits or duelists. Beating them then selling their equipment can earn you tons of $.

Gambling in taverns is sadly not as profitable. It's fun to win it a few times, but gamblers are poor sods and you can't earn much from them.
Unarmed brawls in Rattay and Uzhitz are also a bad moneyearner, those opponents are also poor. Still, you should do them all at least once for a nice reward you can't buy elsewhere (at least I didn't find it anywhere else).

Last edited:
Isn't brawling illegal? I saw someone mention he was fined for it during the Rattay patrol quest (because of what happens at the end, it was a bug).

Dunno about that.
Stealing is illegal. People saw me stealing from those brawlers while they were KOed by me in the "arena" and I was fined. I wouldn't pay up if I knew executioner's rep will get bugged, otherwise I'd just go to jail instead of forcing my jailtime later.

Maybe if it happens in the "arena" it is legal, but street brawling is illegal. I don't really feels like trying it.

I don't think it was mentioned, but once you are finished with the Neuhof main quest, Captain Bernard returns to his spot beside the arena in Rattay and he has more to teach you (for free). Training with him increase skills/stats. He is also the start of a side quest chains. It is a good time in the main quest to start to wander around too...not that I move far away from Rattay with all the side quests around.

Apparently there should exist Rattay Tournament quest too at that training spot. Yet noone managed to unlock it so far - either it's bugged or certain choice elsewhere is needed to trigger it. Or perhaps winning against the noble earlygame?
Could easily be choice dependant or skillcheck thing - for example because of my persuasion success I've missed the part of getting drunk in Uzhitz (won't spoil more, won't reload but will live with consequences).

And no. People say it's not the contest with bows!

The Tournament was removed because it was too bugged apparently (you can see part of it in the release trailer). It should be part of the stuff added back in via updates.

Getting drunk (outside of quests) has interesting results too. People are waking up in all sort of weird places. One dude even woke up beside a chest full of loot that can't be reached otherwise (no ladder to climb up there).

Last edited:
Saving tips because the base save system is not the atrocity people claims it is, even with all the bugs around. You just need to use your brain and plan (unless you craft 100 Savior Schnapps).

- using the bathhouse save the game, heals you up, restore fatigue and clean your clothes and armors. Getting Speech to 8 and taking the Troubadour perk make it free.

- Crafting Savior Schnapps doesn't require knowing reading that much (you can somewhat read the jumbled letters at Reading 0 or check online for the steps) and you always know the recipe (there is an alchemy bench being the apothecary in Rattay). If you do the steps well, you'll get 3 bottles for 1 nettle and 2 belladona. Belladona restock every day at the apothecary or you can find it in clearing/forest making the cost of having it 0 silvers outside the 5 minutes it takes to make 3 bottles. Once you reach level 10 in alchemy, auto-brew is available (makes 2 bottles until level 13 and picking a perks).

- beds you can save in: any place where you see the bed icon (beds you own, note that you only own one bed at Miller Peshek the one on the right of the chest), outdoor camps nobody sleep in (I sleep at a charcoal-burned camp and it saved but nobody sleep in that specific "bed"), the rented bed in inns/lodging (taking the few days options unlock "forever" access to the bed and the chest).

-auto-saving. The game always autosave after accepting a quest, including side-quests. There are auto-saving during main quests after step-change-conversations too.

A warning.
Horseracing sidequest is bugged:
- you won't receive a reward for winning (big deal)
- it'll permanently disable random encounters on the road (gamebreaker)

I'm one of only 2.5% of players who won the race so far (achievement), thus before this issue gets fixed, I suggest avoid doing that sidequest (it's called The Sport of Kings). Unless you desperately want the achievement, but after getting it reload the save prior to the race or say goodbye to traders who sell rare treasure maps, bandits to rob, riddler and all other sorts of colorful persons you can meet on the road.
https://forum.kingdomcomerpg.com/t/no-random-encounters/42428

There is a quest where one of the reward is getting your own house. You'll find the spoiler to acquire it here.

Geez…
I'm on two overlapping sidequests currently. Brothers want to help them rob the quarry in one, in another Andrew wants me to sabotage that "job".
And that "house" comes from a quest Andrew gives dunno how and when as I don't have it yet. And that redditor does not say if there is a requirement to side with Andrew in previous quests. :(

EDIT:
Maybe not…
I think you'll need to talk to the huntsman in Talmberg and then have Andrew at the Inn in the Glade to refer you to Black Lukesh.
Truth to be told I can't remember last time I talked to that huntsman. Will try if he has the quest available later.

Last edited:
Anyone knows what the repeatable jobs are actually for? Like bring skins, kill bandits, bring food.

I did the bandits and food thing but the rewards are absolutely silly amounts of money. So is there some kind of other xp gain or something like that? Maybe reputation?
Otherwise they seem to be extremely pointless to me.

Doing Captain Bernard's bandit camp clean up quest will open Sir Robard's version and then someone else in Sasau I think. The last tiers has apparently good money reward (and better loot to sale). All of them improve reputation for their regions.

They also prepare you for 1 vs many combat encounters.

I think the bring food/skin are mostly meant to have stuff to do once you exhaust all the quests (you can technically play after finishing the main quest).

Anyone knows what the repeatable jobs are actually for? Like bring skins, kill bandits, bring food.
Those are not repeatable. You do each of them once. For all I know repeatable are only fistfights in Rattay and Uzhitz.

Solving sidequests opens more new sidequests. As plenty of quests are bugged and some are unsolvable, there is no info/wiki/guide that would say which sidequest is required for another to open.

Note that it seems the game either uses failsafe mechanics deliberately which will open a new quest for you regardless of your actions in some previous quest or something is bugged and doesn't take outcomes into account.
The example are executioner quests - you'll still receive them even if you killed the executioner previously.

Back
Top Bottom