Witcher 3 - Coming to Next Gen

Silver

Spaceman
Staff Member
CD Projekt RED has announced that The Witcher 3 will be coming to next gen consoles and PC. It will be a free update if you already own the game.

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is coming to the next generation!

We're working on the next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt!

Developed to take advantage of the most powerful gaming hardware, the next-gen edition of the game will feature a range of visual and technical improvements -- including ray tracing and faster loading times -- across the base game, both expansions, and all extra content.

The next generation edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will release as a standalone purchase for PC, Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, as well as a free update for everyone who already owns the game on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
More information.

Uggggh. The most bloated, overrated game ever.

Uggggh. The most bloated, overrated game ever.

71F4E618D98D805F1F71978DEC4E361119401220

This would be great if I hadn’t played it yet. Just some improved graphics is not enough to make me want to go through it again though.

Great news. This might just motivate me for a full playthrough, and maybe I'll finally complete Blood and Wine.

I'm also planning on postponing my Control playthrough until after the 30xx graphics cards release, to play it with full RTX support.

I've never played Blood & Wine or Hearts of Stone, so this is pretty cool since I was going to replay TW3 anyways.

I was already planning on getting a 30xx series card, but this is a little extra motivation.

I've never played Blood & Wine or Hearts of Stone, so this is pretty cool since I was going to replay TW3 anyways.

I was already planning on getting a 30xx series card, but this is a little extra motivation.

I know you don't need another person to tell you this, but the expansions are both fantastic.

I know you don't need another person to tell you this, but the expansions are both fantastic. :cool:

I have the same graphics card and ran it well with everything on high (plus ReShade). Something else is going on there.

He was probably trying to run it on Ultra settings with Hairworks on. There's a significant difference between the High and the Ultra presets.

The RTX stuff is starting to kick in now. The original version of DLSS was a bit crap, but they completely redesigned it for version 2.0. It lets the game render at a lower resolution, and then uses the Tensor core AI to upscale to your target resolution and add detail, performing high quality anti-aliasing in the process. The results are excellent, and the performance boost of transferring work from the GPU to the Tensor core is starting to make the raytraced enhancements usable at good framerates.

Particularly with a new 3000 series card, this could be impressive.

Apologies, by "high" I meant highest. So ultra, I guess. I don't think I had anything set lower than the max.

With Hairworks? There's no way you were running everything on max with a RX480 and getting consistently good framerates. I've got a GTX 1080, which is significantly faster, and I can't do Ultra + Hairworks if I want to keep 60 fps.

With Hairworks? There's no way you were running everything on max with a RX480 and getting consistently good framerates. I've got a GTX 1080, which is significantly faster, and I can't do Ultra + Hairworks if I want to keep 60 fps.

Maybe he's playing at 30fps? I have a 1060 and I need to turn off Hairworks to get constant 60fps with everything else on ultra, and even then I get some framerate dips in some areas (around 40-45fps).

On topic, I am finally finishing Blood and Wine. I'm actually a third way through it. Hearts of Stone was amazing, and B&W is right up there but I can't say definitely until I finish it. So a year saving for a 3080 and a new monitor and I can do a second playthrough :biggrin:.

Back
Top Bottom