Risen Where is the Monastery ?

mooninja

Watcher
Ok, I completed the recommendations for both the mage guy and the main inquisition guy, and then used the tunnel to get out of town. Now where do I go to begin my Mage training ? I'm wandering around the world map trying to find the monastery but can't seem to find it

Its...

Hi man…The Monastery is straight to your right as you step out of the town through the secret exit - you can see it far off on top of a mountain/volcano in the distance…thats where you need to be headed… Just follow the road north-ish all the time, give or take a few winding paths, just keep to the general direction and stay on the road and you will get there…and off course as the guy above me suggested - use the map :)

if you go to the farm below Jan's hut, there is a novice called Tellur who can guide you to the monastery.

You can actually see the monastary from almost the whole island.

Are you sure? I took this picture (click if you want to see it at original size) pretty early on and you can see the monistary just fine from down on the city's western gate.

4163638612608156.jpg

I don't think I fiddled with my config file until I got out of town.

Last edited:
I'll try to remember to look from that exact same place the next time I'm in Harbor Town. It looks like that's tweaked though, because I don't recall being able to see that from the town, and I have view distance at 100%.

Wrong picture…

Ehh…. Thats not the monastery in the picture man… thats the ruins on top of the mountain overlooking harbor town…
The remaining feet of the Colossus or something
… the same ones I have asked about a while ago in a post :)

"What is that thing…" (!!!SPOILER WARNING!!!)
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8673

You are standing on the front gate looking up the nearby mountain…the monastery is on a different mountain-a bigger one with smoke coming out of it (a volcano) that is more in-land…

I think the view from harbor town is almost totally obstructed by close by mountains so you probably can't see it from there…haven't checked but I remember roaming around looking for the highest places so that I could survey the land and it was about 40% sea, 55% mountain and 5% I don't remember (so I could back down if I'm wrong :)) (EDIT-I'm definitely not wrong…sorry to be a pain…)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom