C2077 Cyberpunk 2077 - News Roundup

Cyberpunk 2077
I don't get how the GOG update works, really. For BG3 it went haywire two times and I had to reinstall everything, which isn't small.

I usually don't mind, but these times are different, we're several of us using Internet for work or studies, and I can't afford to use the whole bandwidth for a game update (except maybe during the night). And I'm certainly not the only one in that situation.

But GOG is less heavy than Steam and opens at once, and more importantly, its games are DRM-free, and usually get a better margin for the publishers & developers (though I have absolutely no proof of that). Last but not least, it's CD Projekt, seems appropriate for a Cyberpunk 2077 :)

That last IGN video has a bunch of good news. The game is more of a slow burn and not as action/shooter based as the demo videos portray. Similar to the Deus EX games.

TLDR: Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely an RPG just keep an open mind.

Also game reviews are getting released soon so I don't foresee another delay.

That is good news, thank you. I was reading comments here and was worried it was a car driving GTA game. Nice to get another view point.

I have a GTX 2080 Ti with 11GB. Wondering how that will work with ray tracing. Anyone know? I have fallen way behind in keeping up with the hardware jargon and specs.

I have seen a lot of recent discussions on a tech forum that AMD cards are now a better choice then the new 3080 Nvidia cards.

At this point I am very lost on what the best card might be right now. Trying to decide if I would want to update down the road.

Your video card should be able to play with every feature enabled and every settings on max. What it will come down to is if you use 2k, 4k, and a larger resolution. So your fine.

As for hardware AMD looks to have finally got back in competition. I read a recent interview where the CEO said their tired of being the bargain choice of PC gaming.

So their latest CPU's and GPU's look very appealing but more expensive.

Thanks I had heard the same about AMD but I haven't followed closely.

I play in 2560x1440 which works well for me. 4K is too much for me after I tried it.

Thanks I had heard the same about AMD but I haven't followed closely.

I play in 2560x1440 which works well for me. 4K is too much for me after I tried it.

You should maybe try DLSS on Cyberpunk. That essentially allows you to render at a lower resolution, which is then upscaled by the AI core to a higher resolution image. That can allow using raytracing features, by saving performance on the resolution. Could be a good option here.

AMD and Microsoft are working on a open standard alternative - DirectML. Some people think that will become more dominant than Nvidia's proprietary DLSS, but it seems it won't be ready for a while, and DLSS is working well right now.

I have seen a lot of recent discussions on a tech forum that AMD cards are now a better choice then the new 3080 Nvidia cards.

Sounds like there are some AMD fanboys there. The new RX 6000 series from AMD is indeed competitive, but it doesn't outperform Nvidia's RTX 30xx cards in most cases.

If you take price into consideration, it's really close. I'd still go with Nvidia though.

cyberpunkspecs.jpg

updated

edit and video not from peasant derpsoles

Last edited by a moderator:
Cyberpunk 2077 Night City Wire: Episode 5

The fifth and last episode of Night City Wire is now available!

Like I said high setting at best for me. Don't have any extra income for upgrades yet.:(

Yea and I am good.
@Ripper; Thanks although it wasn't that I was worried about running at 4k its that I don't care about 4K gaming in general - I am more than happy with 2560 at this point. Getting too old to worry about every little pixel I suspect.

Yea and I am good.
@Ripper; Thanks although it wasn't that I was worried about running at 4k its that I don't care about 4K gaming in general - I am more than happy with 2560 at this point. Getting too old to worry about every little pixel I suspect.

Right - I wasn't thinking about 4K necessarily. I believe DLSS can also be used at 1440p, so it would be rendering at a lower resolution, and upscaling to a 1440 target resolution, which might give enough performance headroom to use RTX. The reports I've read say the results are very good in some other games.

Here are the specs so you guys can read them.

Attachments

• cyberpunkspecs.jpg
    cyberpunkspecs.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 55
Not sure my poor PC will be able to handle that. That is, if I only find enough space on the SSD, since GOG often needs space for the downloaded files, then even more to install the game (and of course, no installer allow to store the downloaded files elsewhere).

Time to buy new hardware I suppose, I was hoping the RTX cards to get less expensive once the new Ampere versions were out...

Are we supposed to be able to read that? :)

*Edit* Had to use my phone so I could zoom in on it. As I expected, I should have no problem running CP on High settings.

Now in Chrome, you can right-click and "Open image in new tab", it's often quite helpful :)

Even easier in Firefox. When I hover the cursor over it, I get a magnifying glass with a + in it, and (left) clicking blows it up to nearly fullscreen size.
I use the latest Firefox and no such option. I just click view file and the image opened up to how large it was supposed to be. Weird maybe we have different add-ons.

Last edited:
I don't get how the GOG update works, really. For BG3 it went haywire two times and I had to reinstall everything, which isn't small.

I usually don't mind, but these times are different, we're several of us using Internet for work or studies, and I can't afford to use the whole bandwidth for a game update (except maybe during the night). And I'm certainly not the only one in that situation.

But GOG is less heavy than Steam and opens at once, and more importantly, its games are DRM-free, and usually get a better margin for the publishers & developers (though I have absolutely no proof of that). Last but not least, it's CD Projekt, seems appropriate for a Cyberpunk 2077 :)
With GOG it seems small patches are the easiest to download but when the developer releases a major patch not a hot-fix you just re-download the whole game.

It's annoying but "it is what it is" as the saying goes.

16 Hours With Cyberpunk 2077: Here's Everything We Did

Phil Hornshaw recently spent 16 hours with Cyberpunk 2077 on PC, and answered our burning questions about Johnny Silverhand, ray tracing, and sex.
Cyberpunk 2077 - Official RTX Gameplay & Behind the Scenes Video

Join members of the development team at CD Projekt Red for a discussion on ray tracing and DLSS for Cyberpunk 2077 on PC, as well as a look at new RTX ON gameplay captured on GeForce RTX 30 Series.

Back
Top Bottom