Might & Magic X - The End of a Chapter

To me this is actually good news. I don't ever get DLCs for RPGs, once I finish a game I uninstall it and consider it 'played', so to me this just says that their whole development team moved to MM XI which I would buy automatically considering how much I liked MM X. I only experienced one bug in my playthrough that's fixed already.

Yep, MMX is the best MM since VII. There were a few balancing issues, but the game is an absolute joy to play and I plan on going back to it every couple years, just like MMVII, MMVIII and MMIII :)

I hope to see MMXI. This game had to make money for Ubisoft and it also lowered some of the negativity towards them. Because of MMX, I might consider another Ubisoft game. Before MMX, I was anti-Ubisoft to a large degree.

I bet Limbic will be doing a new Heroes of M&M first.

One thing to consideR: If people want to play more Might and Magic, Limbic released the editor. Granted, you need to have Unity Pro to use it, but it's still out there as a potential way forward for the fans. A lot of aspiring devs do have this tool and I have a feeling some particularly intrepid fans will make use of it. :wink:

I found no major bugs in the game; though I have not yet done the three dungeons added after I completed teh game (will go back and do those soon). There is some outside area that slow down but as a tbs game I think people yelled too much over them. It might be that the game is more problematic on 32 bit system (I have windows 7 64 with 8 gigs of ram); but on my system bugs (including slow down and memory leaks) were not my major complaints. The game was far from perfect but I think really quite sound on initial release and I think they did quite a good job for a small team; though there are basic mechanics i would change.
-
Btw my #1 complaint is the requirement of UPLAY. I have three games on UPLAY (one of them was freebie) and I do not intend to buy more games that require UPLAY. It is a very painful system.
-
Btw scrav they used unity and unity is a resource hog esp for large maps.

I didn't see this as bad news, as he seemed to be alluding to the fact that a sequel would be coming. Multiple times, in fact.

My guess is that the game sold well enough that Ubi gave the green light for another game. Being a smaller team, they probably had to choose how to allocate their limited resources.

I haven't played the game yet (just picked up this week on sale), so I can't comment on any bugs yet.

Ha, there is a god. Karma indeed. :lol:

Good news travels fast.

I still have idea what you have against MMX and it's developers? Last time the issue came up in a forum thread you just said something like "google it" or "search the internet"... I tried, and I still don't get it.

Would you please care to enlighten me? (Or anyone else who knows Fatknackers reason for disliking limbic and/or MMX).

I played this recently and it seem relatively bug free. It ran dreadfully slow at times though, up to a minute for quick load! o_O

I enjoyed it though, and will replay at some point.

Daniel.

MMX ran like a pig, and had minor issues, but nothing gamebreaking.

Like many here, I don't necessarily take this as a negative sign and hope they're working on MMXI. Hopefully with an eye towards resource consumption. MMX would have done really well on iOS/android. It seemed like a natural fit, but it just ran way too slow.

I don't see the big deal. MMX is a good game, and I enjoyed it. I wouldn't want DLC for it or to replay it much, but I enjoyed the heck out of playing it. I'd much rather see an MM XI done in an engine that didn't feature such horrendous performance and load times.

It's kind of funny. Back in the "golden age" of PC games you would be lucky if a game got a couple of patches in the first few months after release and there was about zero communication or interaction with developers. Now-a-days, especially with indies or smaller companies, games get often get way more post release support and even free DLC or major feature/content patches, and devs are often way more accessible.

I don't see how anybody could feel slighted on MMXI. Some things must come to an end. In this case, I think it's for the better, especially if there's hope of another similar game done even better.

I'll go with those who believe this isn't such a big problem.I played MM X ,i enjoyed it and think it was a solid game.Most importantly it was another step in reviving old-school games in a modern fashion.With some improvements the developers can still give us some more MMs to enjoy.

It depends on the point of view:

1. If you compare MMX to the modern crpg games: MMX is great :)
2. If you compare MMX to MM1-8 games: MMX is not so good :(

I still have idea what you have against MMX and it's developers? Last time the issue came up in a forum thread you just said something like "google it" or "search the internet"… I tried, and I still don't get it.

Would you please care to enlighten me? (Or anyone else who knows Fatknackers reason for disliking limbic and/or MMX).

Before you asked him about this others did and were answered in a similar fashion. In fact one of them asked if it had to do with the closure of Black Hole (who made HMM6) and the use in MMX of some of the resources they developed for HMM6 (which are owned by Ubisoft as publisher). I googled this as well, but could find no discussions of wrongdoing by Ubisoft in closing Black Hole (most of the forum writers seem to blame Black Hole themselves.) so in short I also have no idea why he has so much emnity towards the game.

I'm positive that Ubisoft made a good profit on this game. The question is if as a major publisher such low budget projects are interesting to them to regularly make them. The surveys which buyers recieved and the generally good reception makes me optimisitic that we might get a game say before another 10 years, but its clear the Ubisoft's focus will remain on their big budget action games.

All time player peaks at Steam

MMX: 7953

Grimrock: 2656

Heroes VI: 8827
I noticed that when I launch MMX via Steam, it launches Uplay first of course, and as long as I don't exit Uplay, Steam still counts me as playing MMX. So its play hours and peak players on Steam are possibly vastly inflated.

Back on topic, I don't see the big deal. I put about 50 hours into MMX 2-3 months ago, don't recall noticing a single bug along the way. Performance was great (with the one exception of long load times). The game doesn't need any more patches in my book. Also, MMX was the most fun RPG I've played in the last 2 or 3 years.

I don't know if their next project is MMXI or not, but if it is, this is the right thing to do. Stop putting effort into MMX and piddly DLC, and move on to the sequel ASAP.

Unfortunately I can't access my U-Play account due to PW problems and their support system has NEVER replied to any of my many emails, so I will NOT buy any game which uses U-Play ever again, much as I enjoyed MMX!!

Unfortunately I can't access my U-Play account due to PW problems and their support system has NEVER replied to any of my many emails, so I will NOT buy any game which uses U-Play ever again, much as I enjoyed MMX!!
One more excellent reason to boycott Ubi.

MMX might have been the best game ever made but I will never get to experience it unless it drops its U-play requirement. Who knows maybe some day it will appear on GOG. It might improve the long tail this type of game typically has, but as it stands it most likely has the vast majority of players who will ever play it and will put up with Ubi's crap behind it.

Tbh, it was just a few tads too hardcore for my taste. All the backtracking because food was spent and other stuff just were too grindy. *shrug*

The bad news in this post for me is the impression it leaves that the other projects they say they're moving on to are unspecified and therefore unlikely to be MM related. It might be years before they come back to it, if ever.

It surprises me though that they talk about a sequel, apparently before it gets cleared by Ubi. I'd say either something gets signed with the publisher and the announcement comes from said publisher or nothing is signed and talking about it happening is risky at best. It could be seen as arm twisting from Ubi's point of view. I think they might get some backlash either way.

I still have idea what you have against MMX and it's developers? Last time the issue came up in a forum thread you just said something like "google it" or "search the internet"… I tried, and I still don't get it.

Basically, I supported the game from beta having payed to help develop it. The game worked as such, however, at the eleventh hour,the so called developers crippled the game for all us 32 bit users. I'm not getting into a 32 v 64 bit war in here, this is the only piece of software that I own that doesn't work as intended.

At no point during the development was anything said about the finished product being only fully useable for 64 bit users. They were happy to take our money under false pretences. If we had been aware of this from the offset I would NOT have been a supporter. :-/

Back
Top Bottom