Kingdom Come - You Should be Excited

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
IGN lists 7 reasons why fans of The Withcer 3 and/or Skyrim should be excited about Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

Be a Part of History

If you've ever wanted to know what it's really like to live in Medieval Europe, Kingdom Come: Deliverance is your game. Warhorse eschews high fantasy elements like magic and dragons in favor of a more grounded experience that follows the real life kidnapping of Wenceslas IV by his brother Sigismund. “We want to make the game as authentic as possible,” Warhorse’s PR manager Toby Stolz told me during his visit to the IGN office.

To re-create war-torn Bohemia in the 15th century, the team has hired a full-time historian, an art expert, and teachers of Historical European Martial Arts to help them recreate medieval life and combat as accurately as possible. “I wouldn’t say [Deliverance] is educational," Stolz added. "But for sure we try to show how people lived back then, their lifestyle, what it was like to live in a time of civil war... stuff like that.”

It's Huge

Build a Reputation

Every NPC Is Important

Mad Skillz

Fight For Your Right

Castle Storming
More information.

I want this to be a good game, but no magic, monsters and with political bullshit, dont know how interesting will be

Yep, no magic, no interest. I like fantasy crpgs, not pseudo-realism.

I want this to be a good game, but no magic, monsters and with political bullshit, dont know how interesting will be

From personal experience, political bullshit makes anything much more interesting than magic or monsters do. Be it a movie, TV series, anime, novels or game.

I'm definetly excited (and am KS backer), but that has absolutely nothing with me being fan of TW3 and hater of Skyrim's bugs.

As usual excitment in my case comes from me trying to get into everything that's "different". No magic RPG? But still RPG, not some Ubi's false advertising (Division)? Hell, yes!

I'm expecting a great game. Will it be more than great, we'll still see, it's someone's first (big) project.
But in all honesty, seeing IGN writing about any game triggers this_will_suck firealarm instantly on my side. Hopefully, the alarm is wrong about this one.

It'll be much better once we've modded some monsters into it. ;)

From personal experience, political bullshit makes anything much more interesting than magic or monsters do. Be it a movie, TV series, anime, novels or game.

ugh! glad we don't share personal experiences :)

ugh! glad we don't share personal experiences :)

People don't watch Game of Thrones for the dragons and White walkers...

It looks great, and I'm pretty sure I'll be giving it a chance, but I hope one day developers realise that adding the "deep politics" catchphrase when describing a game actually turns people off, at least most people I know enough to talk about games, including myself. Every game that adds the "deep politics" seems set for failure, ever since the days of Vanguard to this day. I suppose too many people are tired of real politics and don't want to have to deal with them in a videogame, especially when some random 15 years old troll is the king.

PS: Game of Thrones is the most overhyped bluff in the history of TV shows. People started to watch it because it was meant to have cool battles and dragons, and they got stuck with something else.

/agree

For example, The Witcher 2 was an excellent game and was mostly about very intriguing "political bullshit".
Those plots are definitely way more interesting (or at least have a lot more potential to be more interesting) than "an ancient evil has awoken and you are the chosen one" which is the premise of the other 99.9% of RPGs.

That said, I'm not excited about KC (yet). Like most Kickstarters, it's probably going to stay in development for years to come so wake me up when there is a final patched version with all possible future DLCs and expansions included. I might consider it then depending on the general consensus but that's a decision to be made some time around A.D. 2020 ;) .

I like the idea of having more realism (well, to a point - if I bury an axe in somebody's hip, I really don't want to deal with the screaming as I try to get the axe back out) and politics. I'm a bit more worried about the detective aspect. Those aren't easy to pull off in games.

I am a KS backer but I'm very concern from what I've read in the beta forum that things will actually work by release date. I am fine with the concept and general approach but the bug list seems awful high and too basic to build much confidence that things will be iron out in a timely fashion.

I backed this and I've been enjoying the alphas and beta tremendously for a year or so now, but not because it's an RPG but because of its merits as a walking simulator. Seriously, just going there and visiting the beautiful world has a quality I haven't experienced in any other game in memory, especially on dreary November days.
Can't wait to check this out in VR... ;)

I backed this and I've been enjoying the alphas and beta tremendously for a year or so now, but not because it's an RPG but because of its merits as a walking simulator. Seriously, just going there and visiting the beautiful world has a quality I haven't experienced in any other game in memory, especially on dreary November days.
Can't wait to check this out in VR… ;)

Yeah, I get that. I'm a graphics and tech geek, and enjoy just exploring the potential of a game engine. I'll compile all those demo scenes they provide with the big engines.

Kingdom Come is still rough in spots (the water is very weird), but, when the lighting is just right in the forest, it's quite amazing.

No evil sorcerers, no demons, no necromancers and no cute female priests? No buy, sorry. Pitch is the best sleeping pill however, so when all my sleeping remedies will fail, I'll buy Kingdom Come, because it looks like 10 minutes of this stuff will send me right to sleep!

Perhaps they could take some inspiration from our P&R forum?

In that case the game would be named "Trolldom come: Oblivion". :p

Its game about medieval politics, not modern life ideology, media, scandals etc. :)

People don't watch Game of Thrones for the dragons and White walkers…

As far as I know most people who watch it do it for nude girls and violence, not the political stuff.

I am one of those who consider the show more or less garbage these days, I really did enjoy the first book though.. but it went downhill from there, same thing for the TV series.

Backed it because of the no-magic philosophy. I only play mages when they are absolutely required, I prefer to get into close combat and get filthy. There is no better, more filthy dps than the kind where you are toe to toe with your opponent, looking them in the eyes as the life escapes their corpse. Winning. I'll be playing this one!!

I've played the beta and loved it on a visual point of view (even more realistic than The Witcher in my opinion) BUT :
- it lacks (but may be it will come later) some epicness especialy regarding the soundtrack/musical ambiance
- it lacks (I guess it will come later) quests (you can finish the main quests in the beta in less than 3 hours)
- the map is small, like 9 km2 so you can go from one corner to the other in like 30 mn realtime with your horse that's a very small playground
- I was first disappointed by the absence of magic (I ONLY play wizards, never fighters or thieves) but hopefully you can play an archer (if you find the arc and arrows) so you're not forced to be a fighter.
BUT on the plus side, I really loved the realism of the combats : I mean, the fact you can easily die so will be carefull not to engage too many ennemies.

Also, I'm pretty sure this game will be interesting to play anyway when it will be finished. I can't wait to see the crafting and more quests.

Back
Top Bottom