Skyrim Amazing Screenshot Thread

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
Love that wreath :D.

Its a wreath made of thistles as this character is Fenn, the Thistle King. Lore wise he is similar to a shard of the Aedra that were left over after Lorkhan tricked the Aedra into giving up their immortality to make Nirn. Lorkhan is about limits and to make the Aedra mortal he kept breaking them up into smaller pieces, locking them down, and those pieces became the bones of Nirn, plants, water, animals, etc. Some lore hints the Spriggans are more aware pieces. I took it a bit further and said some shards became the Fey. Fenn is based off Puck from A Midsummer's Night Dream.

Hence the thistle wreath :)

Great job, Wolf!

Nothing to add. Your pics are incredible and make me want to play!

Well Thrasher that made me laugh. I admit on my tablet I try not to visit this thread and its my own fault :p

Thank you Jaz! I still enjoy the game a lot to my surprise and while many of my shots clearly use more DOF than is playable they are still all taken 100% in-game with no outside editing. My game looks very good right now but then I have had almost 6 years to perfect how it looks. Busy playing a warrior in the game named Wolf - who was shown in my recent set. I am also dabbling in ESO which I like but I don't have a lot of free time right now so I only get on a little each month to do some playing. I still tend to prefer Skyrim and FO4 the most. But luckily ESO is basically free so I don't feel pressured to play and do it when the mood hits.

Glad you are enjoying the thread Bobthebuilder!

Two rare shots of a female character who is a follower in my game, Mani the Huntress.

And yep still play this game. Just started a fresh game actually and doing some stories with it.

this does not look like skyrim.

I can assure you that it is :) I have no reason to post something that isn't Skyrim. Got thousands of hours in this game and taken a lot of shots.

Alright Wolf, I've been playing the console versions too much. Can you post a list of your favorite mods? I need to get back to Skyrim on PC.

Easier for me to just post my current mod list :)

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4714/26692139848_0a4480ca20_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4653/26692139778_c608513380_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4711/26692139668_f54c1bdaf9_o.jpg

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4610/26692139628_d0a0b06ec0_o.jpg

And a character for the new story stuff I am doing, made by a friend:

Oh Snap. What if you had to narrow it down to your top 10?

Oh lord talk about almost impossible. Easier if there was a focus - like top 10 texture mods, top 10 immersion, etc.

But If I had to pick my top 10 (and can't say my list today would match my answers to the same question another day - so many mods to keep in mind)

1. Player Headtracking Mod
  2. Bellyaches Creature Pack
  3. Immersive Armors
  4. Relighting Skyrim
  5. Rustic Clothing Complete
  6. SMIM
  7. Vivid All In One
  8. Enhanced Vanilla Trees or Skyrim Flora Overhaul (SFO)
  9. Verdant Grass
  10. Amidian Book of Silence

I would add another 10 mods just for making characters but I doubt you have the same interest as I do when it comes to characters.

The above 10 are not, really, my personal favorite 10 but are instead would be the 10 I would pick if stranded on an island and could only bring 10 mods. Mainly because they cover some nice upgrades to animals, weapons, armors, clothing, lighting, landscape and roads, grass, and trees.

If I had to pick a single character based mod then it would be SkySkins for Males from FadingSignal. If it had to replace one of the above - then it would be Relighting Skyrim. I am also assuming I am using an ENB with this set-up.

I would also at least give some honorable mention to 5 of my favorite mods that just add nicely to the game:

1. Footprints
  2. Real Roads for Skyrim
  3. Weathered Road Signs
  4. SkyUI
  5. Legend of the Eagles Nest (Player Home)

Have to stop there or the list will get much longer. I suspect I could cut my mod list in half if needed but it is amazing how each one has its own importance and how rapidly they build up. The complete opposite to how I am at home where I am more of a minimalist and anti-packrat.

A lot also depends on focus. There are large overhaul mods (don't use) people love, quest mods, immersion mod (Frostfall and Campfire I used for years), and so on. My mod list is actually small compared to many - especially since I have so many small texture packs and little custom stuff. Most folks would just combine them into a larger pack to save space and add more ESP's.

That is quite awesome Wolf, thank you to have shared this with us. Those pics, and that list of mods are great.

Is the game completely stable with that many mods? How often do you get a crash, etc if ever?

Also, are you still using the original version or the special edition?

Back
Top Bottom