Battle for Esturia

nlfortier

Traveler
For the past two years I've been developing an old-school open world tactical RPG in my spare time. The game has simple tile-based graphics reminiscent of the 1980s, as I am a programmer by trade, not an artist. The game takes its inspiration from classic CRPGs like Ultima and Baldurs Gate, but features a battle system inspired by the likes of Fire Emblem and the Banner Saga.

In the game, you can recruit a party of up to seven characters and engage your enemies in tactical turn-based combat. The game features a variety of skills and six character classes.

I just finished implementing the main quest, but the game still needs a lot of work before it will be ready for release. Here are some examples of the game in action:

Overworld Exploration:
explore5.gif

Barbarian Combat:
[​IMG]https://esturiagames.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/whirlwind.gif?w=756[/IMG]

Necromancer Combat:
infest.gif

Battling some Salamanders:
peek-2020-04-27-20-44.gif

If you want to know more you can check out my blog here.

I am currently designing the various side quests in the game, so feel free to share what you do or don’t like about side quests in other games.

Interesting. I hadn't heard of that game before, but that is exactly the sort of visual theme I'm going for. Mostly out of necessity as I'm a programmer not a graphic artist. The idea is 1980's graphics with a modern UI.

Back
Top Bottom