The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Atmospheric German one-woman band. She has done some fantasy stuff (good for a P&P session!), but this is her rendition of a German "working class" poem.

Carved in Stone - Die Ballade von einem blinden Grubenpferd
Nice! Thank you.

-----------------------
Something completely different:
Rapalje, Dutch band.

Just the (good) music:
Rapalje - The Crooked Bridge

And this is how they look (well, actually there are four members, the most handsome one, according to me, who plays the bagpipe, is not in this vid):
Rapalje - Star of the county down

BTW
Men are made for skirts.
Men should wear skirts!

Midnight Odyssey - Funerals from the Astral Sphere

A (sub) genre that some might not be familiar with, I wasn't till about 6-7 yrs back ;)

(there's some who will argue the specifics of what constitutes the differences between Atmospheric/doom/folk/black/death/prog/post-prog…I just know I either like it or i don't when I hear it ;)

I think "Atmospheric Black Metal" fits this album/artist well…one of my favorites.

Hopefully some will enjoy. Good headphones help ;)

Regards

Rol
Interesting. :)
I'd pick up a dub version without the monster vocals. The atmospheric parts remind me of the some of the best of dark wave, with a good measure of speed metal.

Last edited:
Something completely different:
Rapalje, Dutch band.

Just the (good) music:
Rapalje - The Crooked Bridge

And this is how they look (well, actually there are four members, the most handsome one, according to me, who plays the bagpipe, is not in this vid):
Rapalje - Star of the county down

BTW
Men are made for skirts.
Men should wear skirts!

lol I can't watch the second video (copyrights). Thanks GEMA.

Sounds nice though

Agalloch - A Poem by Yeats

One of the first introductions to Folk/Doom/Black Metal I had…and it astounded and pleased me greatly, as I didn't know music like this existed at the time ;)

It's been a long journey since, but this song and band remain one of my all time favorites. At 49 yrs, I had long thought my tastes and favorites were pretty set…boy was I wrong lol

Thanks to another gaming forum where bands/songs were shared by an international member base I was able to hear and discover a whole host of sounds/tastes I'd never imagined. I still love the classics of rock/metal from the 70s & 80s I grew up on…but some of these bands seem to transcend into a realm beyond.

Anyway…check it out. (and anything by Agalloch really…though their earlier worlks tend to be a bit more on the acoustic/atmospheric style that I enjoy greatly.)

Regards

Rol

ps - this particular track has a distinct Dead Can Dance vibe/influence to it, with vocals reminiscent to the late Brendan Perry. If you happen to be familiar with their sound/work from the 80s/90s 4AD records ;)

Very nice. No metal at all in this one. Keys, synths, vocals, and lots of haunting atmosphere. :)

Haha, thanks I've never seen that movie...is it any good?
A toast to you Dio, Rainbow in the Dark!

Paying homage to Stevie Ray Vaughn today, without listening to an actual SRV recording. Stevie is my favorite all-time guitarist, and I listen to ALOT of him, so I wanted to do something different. Stevie on lead guitar for David Bowie

David Bowie - Let's Dance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkysjcs5vFU

Hoooly diver…You've been down too long in the midnight sea
Oh what's becoming of me…

Total video cost production…around 12$, minus the props. :p

HAHA! So cheesy, but a great song!

Dio was my first live concert where they used laser lights on stage (not just colored lighting). The spinxes at the sides of the stage shot red lasers like the current laser pointers out of their eyes. Although I had seen Dio in 1983 on the Holy Diver tour, the 1984 Last in Line tour is the one Im talking about

Dio - The Last In Line "Live" (1984)

Back
Top Bottom