Game where Arthurian knight meets Jack the Ripper playing "Holmes" with doggy Watson

I think the combat and the RPG elements are among the biggest improvements. That's not to say combat is fantastic - it's just fluid and fun, and the bows are particularly great. It's also decently challenging on Hard - but it's not a "cerebral" game in any way.

The RPG elements help progression in a big way - and is probably my favorite part of the game. It has just enough loot and abilities to make it desirable to progress.

I love progression in most games, so…

Exploration is probably on par with most AC games - except that it's tied into the RPG progression in a very clever way. As in, you want to explore because you'll be rewarded even if you don't find much of interest.

It's nothing like Skyrim or Elex - where locations are hand-crafted with a lot of care and attention. The locations do look great - and I really like the tombs - but they don't really feel terribly distinct or bespoke compared to the best games.

Better than W3 for freeform exploration, but then again - that's not hard to achieve.

Back
Top Bottom