Interplay - Something new is coming...

I remember Skavenhorde. He was alright.

hmmm, very interesting developments…maybe Brian Fargo really is resurrecting Interplay and they got Baldur's Gate 3. They would probably be able to get a good tidy sum from a kickstarter for that title! As much as Wasteland 2, at least.
If true it would be a divine gift as his last two games are failures.

Torment: Tides of Numenera - Very Low Sales
The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep - Lows sales and perception it's unfinished/buggy

WoTC has been very protective of the license after the disaster that was Sword Coast Legends, so I find it unlikely that they would give it to Fargo.

WoTC has been very protective of the license after the disaster that was Sword Coast Legends, so I find it unlikely that they would give it to Fargo.

To this day I don't know why they didn't see this trainwreck coming.
How out of touch with reality are they that they thought this was the best use of that license.
A freaking clone of the original with updated graphics would have been better.

/rant over

How out of touch with reality are they that they thought this was the best use of that license.

/rant over
How true but yet they lease the Ip to cheap MMO developers. It's the same with the War-hammer Ip they lease it to anyone at will, and we get sub-par games.

Seriously how hard can it be to find a worthy developer to make good games.

Don't forget Dungeons & Dragons Online it's not as popular as the Neverwinter MMO.

(And you deleted your post again Silver Coin)

My post:

Neverwinter MMO is a huge cashcow for them

What I just discovered yesterday is that 5e rules are apart of the open games license, so nothing is preventing developers from making a game using the 5e ruleset. Somebody just needs to step up to the plate.

Wish they announced Interplay is finally dead and buried.

People buy for brand and nostalgia. Like people still believing Bioware is a thing... lol. Marketing genius.

If true it would be a divine gift as his last two games are failures.

Torment: Tides of Numenera - Very Low Sales
The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep - Lows sales and perception it's unfinished/buggy

I've thought about this a lot, as Pathfinder looks like its selling through the roof, despite being buggier than BT4. Its not being buggy alone, BT4 has some performance issues, but its not really that buggy as far as gameplay goes. I think far worse are that few reviews really praise the game. Pathfinder reviewers say great game, if it wasn't buggy. There just isn't that many people who have played through BT4 who think its great. Me too. Its a competant effort, but I'm playing Battletech, POE2, BT4 and Kingdom Come parallel and the one I find the least exciting and enjoyable is BT4.

I've thought about this a lot, as Pathfinder looks like its selling through the roof, despite being buggier than BT4. Its not being buggy alone, BT4 has some performance issues, but its not really that buggy as far as gameplay goes. I think far worse are that few reviews really praise the game. Pathfinder reviewers say great game, if it wasn't buggy. There just isn't that many people who have played through BT4 who think its great. Me too. Its a competant effort, but I'm playing Battletech, POE2, BT4 and Kingdom Come parallel and the one I find the least exciting and enjoyable is BT4.
You put it better then I could write due to laziness I agree.:nod:

One problem I see on Steam is die hard fans are not pleased with the game.

BT4 wasn't just buggy, it had poor gameplay, ugly graphics, gamestopping bugs (as much as P:KM I guess), and a very unhelping community, which they didn't seem to give much voice anyway. Yet was linear, so easy to fix, if they are capable to.

I have played almost all decent CRPG since the 90s. And these are my 2 cents.

P:KM is huge, about the length of bg2 IIRC but way more complex due to the event/kingdom system, therefore extremely hard to patch, yet they are working on it almost everyday (10 patches are out already). It only lacks full voiceover for all the main quests. The good sales are deserved.

About the older recent CRPG I rate POE 1 and 2, and especially Tyranny, above Torment-numenera, which was overfounded and overrated. I wouldn't give Fargo any good license as he will ruin it.

Remember a few years ago when Black Isle Studios was revived and they ran some vague shady crowdfunding campaign, raised a bunch of funds and then ceased all communication? Hopefully this won't be like that.

Guyse. Recall when Bethsoft kept suing Interplay.

The nature of Bethesda's license to make Fallout 3 also included a provision that if Interplay was not actively developing a Fallout game, that the Fallout IP would default to Bethesda's ownership.

Interplay was actively developing a Fallout game, but repeated frivolous lawsuits by Bethesda against Interplay drained Interplay's owners financially and if I recall correctly it ended up in a settlement -- The Fallout IP was sold to Bethesda for a small sum.

It stands to reason that this announcement has to do with the game they were working on.

/rant over

Yeah, though is not unique to Wizards. A lot of rights holders seem to know next to nothing about computer games, and who does what. It seems a lot of them just view games as some sort of niche thing to squeeze some money out of, instead of a major platform for delivering top notch products.

I'm hoping CDP's work with The Witcher and Cyberpunk will change that. Maybe we'll see a proper Star Wars or Star Trek game again for example. Or Lord of the Rings. Or Wheel of Time. Or D&D. Or..

Back
Top Bottom