Work/Gaming laptop

Hey
I had a quick look and it's the XPS 15. They're quite expensive too but might just give you another alternative.
They have a few different configurations.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Ah thanks but unfortunately they only come with 1050 Ti and in my gaming reviews most says they run very hot compared to MS SB and Razer :(

.... unfortunately they only come with 1050 Ti ...(

Earlier you mentioned that you want to play MMOs on the go.
WoW has very modest system requirements, even an integrated, low-end Intel HD Graphics 4000 could run it on low settings (this is a very popular chipset in lightweight laptops)

AFAIK, graphically more demanding MMOs, such as TESO, or FF:XIV could still run fine on a humble 1050 Ti, at medium quality settings. Even Destiny can be tamed using low-end settings for this config.

So if MMO gaming is your scope, you might want to skip hardcore gamer video card configs - thus, you may have actually good options in the slim/lightweight category.

You won't be able to run Creed:Odyssey or Crysis on ultra detail, but your rig will definitely be okay for a good raid now and then ;)

Earlier you mentioned that you want to play MMOs on the go.
WoW has very modest system requirements, even an integrated, low-end Intel HD Graphics 4000 could run it on low settings (this is a very popular chipset in lightweight laptops)

AFAIK, graphically more demanding MMOs, such as TESO, or FF:XIV could still run fine on a humble 1050 Ti, at medium quality settings. Even Destiny can be tamed using low-end settings for this config.

So if MMO gaming is your scope, you might want to skip hardcore gamer video card configs - thus, you may have actually good options in the slim/lightweight category.

You won't be able to run Creed:Odyssey or Crysis on ultra detail, but your rig will definitely be okay for a good raid now and then ;)

Yes you are right for the most part! I think a 1050 TI will do but the graphics whore in me won't listen to that! Having said that the Dell XPS 15 are expensive as well , up their with Razer and MSI but cheaper than MS SB.

Another laptop to add to the list, the new Alienware m15. These are very thin and light weight at 2kg. Good thing is I can also get 10% discount from Dell.

Just waiting for Black Friday and will go with the cheapest one I can find!

Just waiting for Black Friday and will go with the cheapest one I can find!

You should be able to see most BF deals now at a variety of sites (I think Dell already sent theirs out as well). I have personally been quite happy with my Dell G7 15, which has a 8th gen i7 and a GTX 1060. It is definitely a cheaper build and huge bezels, but I really never take it outside of my house.

You should be able to see most BF deals now at a variety of sites (I think Dell already sent theirs out as well). I have personally been quite happy with my Dell G7 15, which has a 8th gen i7 and a GTX 1060. It is definitely a cheaper build and huge bezels, but I really never take it outside of my house.

Dell hasn't announced their UK deals here in yet. Their BF page still have 10 day count down. Even though the new Alienware m15 is the biggest in my thinnest short list, I will go with them if BF deal can be stacked with 10% discount!

Dell hasn't announced their UK deals here in yet. Their BF page still have 10 day count down. Even though the new Alienware m15 is the biggest in my thinnest short list, I will go with them if BF deal can be stacked with 10% discount!

If it is a corporate discount, the answer *should* be yes (again, speaking from US perspective). I know I grabbed something last year from Microsoft Store with their BF deal and my company discount stacked.

Wow. I've never even thought about the weight of my laptop when traveling...just weighed my laptop bag and it's 17 pounds/7.7 kg. Is that a lot? I don't even notice it on my shoulder normally; well until I read this thread. Now it's going to be on my mind :D

It has my Dell 7490 laptop, mouse, padlock, ethernet cable, mousepad, and a few pens. It does have a nice padded strap to make it easier to carry.

Wow. I've never even thought about the weight of my laptop when traveling…just weighed my laptop bag and it's 17 pounds/7.7 kg. Is that a lot? I don't even notice it on my shoulder normally; well until I read this thread. Now it's going to be on my mind :D

It has my Dell 7490 laptop, mouse, padlock, ethernet cable, mousepad, and a few pens. It does have a nice padded strap to make it easier to carry.

Yes its alot! It also depends on how big you are as well. Also big laptops are really annoying in planes give how much space is premium there. Usually thin laptops tend to have very low profile as well.

At the end of the day, its a luxury item since you have get very powerful laptop for half the price I am willing to spend to get the weight/size down.

Wow. I've never even thought about the weight of my laptop when traveling…just weighed my laptop bag and it's 17 pounds/7.7 kg. Is that a lot? I don't even notice it on my shoulder normally; well until I read this thread. Now it's going to be on my mind :D

haha - afraid to weigh mine ... has work laptop (new HP Elitebook G3), iPad Pro, Galaxy Note 9, chargers for all three, Moleskine calendar/notebook, wireless mouse, headphones (iOS and Samsung) and assorted small crap. Also nicely padded, but after a week-long conference definitely found the 'one shoulder' approach wasn't working (duh, knew that!).

I ended up getting this in the end. I placed a order from Amazon warehouse but amazon messed it up and ended up sending me a brad new one! So paid £1300 for it.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Razer-Blad...qid=1542921830&sr=1-3&keywords=razer+blade+15

First impressions,

Looks and feels like Mac Book Pro. Its about 2Kg and really feels solid but light at the same time. Getting about 60 FPS in AC Odyssey in high setting so pretty happy with it so far.

Back
Top Bottom