Gaming BS of the week

True, but unlike China, last I've heard Australia is not pretending lootboxes are awsome:
https://responsiblegambling.vic.gov...an-government-seeking-submissions-loot-boxes/
The Environment and Communications References Committee of the Australian Senate has completed its inquiry into the extent to which gaming micro-transactions for chance-based items, sometimes referred to as 'loot boxes', may be harmful.
Lootboxes are still being investigated:
https://mashable.com/article/loot-boxes-gaming-australia/
One of the committee's chairs, The Greens senator Jordon Steele-John, is behind the push for a wider look into the feature and whether they could pose any gambling-related harm, especially to children. However, he criticised the "watered-down report," which only made a single recommendation.

"Many loot boxes utilise a number of psychological mechanisms commonly seen in other forms of gambling, including variable ratio reinforcement schedules, entrapment, and ready and constant availability," Steele-John said.

"Furthermore, it was argued that the risk to children, young people and even vulnerable adults from developing gambling-related harms through interaction with loot boxes was of such significance that regulators should seek to either prohibit, or restrict access to games containing loot boxes.
“As chair, I sought to follow this evidence and recommended the Parliament take action to ensure that no young person who plays video games is exploited by gambling-like mechanisms."
The war against lootboxes is still going on obviously in Australia. In China, sadly, no.

What Scandals ?
Battlefields 5, bad PR campaign, censorship, poor sales & launch party that made fun of buyers. I could go on but things are just as bad as they are at Bethesda.

Bottom-line is their stock is falling at a fast rate.

Oh yeah and don't forget the on going war with loot-boxes.
So the bearded guy won't buy another Dragon Age game because of some tweets..
Tweets from the guy in charge of the games Narrative and writing.:(

Still yeah I also have larger problems with BioWare / EA than that.

Last edited:
Countries investigating loot boxes are sadly still in minority. Even the ones that do are relatively small markets. I think that until USA (seeing that's the biggest market) starts a real investigation, and hopefully they get classified as gambling, not much will change.

So GTA V unloaded another big - close to 4 GB patch - on us today, for their stupid GTA online game. So now GTA V takes up a massive 83 GB worth of space, which makes it the largest of any game I own.
It sucks that those like me who aren't interested and don't play GTA online can't bypass these endless patches for that game. (I do like GTA V but only in single player)

First Bethesda now EA.:lol:

https://kotaku.com/world-war-two-is-now-a-collectible-card-game-1831026815
Because video game versions of card games are now a license to print money, 1939 games have decided to take the Second World War and turn it into Gwent.
That game is called Kards and is a digital CCG (collectible card game), so the aim is to get you playing for free then buying packs of cards containing more/better tanks and fighters, which thematically is a change from the wizards and elves you normally get in a CCG.

Kards is coming to PC first, then mobile devices.
Yet another WoW killer trying it's luck on phones too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

https://wccftech.com/blockchain-platform-robot-cache-games/
Blockchain Based PC Platform Robot Cache Announces 22 Publishers and Over 700 Games Coming
Blockchain today is a buzzword for idiots.
HumbleBundle already uses magnet links for DRMfree downloads and I see absolutely no reason to use supposedly a completely decentralized system for distribution of games (and patches). Unless the idea is to create yet another money laundry platform where goods owned and resold anonymously won't be taxfree cryptocurrencies but videogames.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Street Fighter is not f2p.

Last edited:
Still not done yet time for some SJW slaying.

Ubisoft also fired her today so one small victory for us normal's.

Okay, hots was never nearly as popular as lol, dota and hon, but it has tons of people as audience. This is a disaster, seems Blizzard&Activision shifts totally to phones and care for nothing else.

Bethesda Circumventing Data Protection to Push Zenimax Ads

Link - https://www.gamewatcher.com/news/Bethesda-bypass-GDPR-ads
Bethesda may well have breached General Data Protection Regulation with the way they've been pushing ads for Zenimax products (who Bethesda operates under) through the use of the Bethesda Account creation process.

As you surely know by now, modern Bethesda games such as Fallout 76 and, potentially, Rage 2, do not use Steam, but Bethesda.net, and this means the creation of new user accounts for buyers. Turns out, Bethesda has been pushing ads for other Zenimax products in a particularly underhanded way.

Still not done yet time for some SJW slaying.

Though thinking that Pewdiepie is unfunny is not exactly an SJW-exclusive opinion.

What is funny is the fact that the bearded guy advertises his "no politics, only games" fundraiser in every single video where he bashes the far left.

Though thinking that Pewdiepie is unfunny is not exactly an SJW-exclusive opinion.
I can link a VOX article for more laughs if of you want.;)

They claim the alt-right have taken over YouTube.

And yes it's about Pewdiepie.:lol:

What the hell enjoy.

Link - https://www.vox.com/culture/2018/12/14/18138916/pewdiepie-vs-t-series-youtube-rewind-2018
What is funny is the fact that the bearded guy advertises his "no politics, only games" fundraiser in every single video where he bashes the far left.
His YouTube channel is separate from the website.

Also I have a beard so yeah…we gonna have a problem with facial hair.:p

@Couchpotato;

Hey, I have no problems with beards :p

I actually called him bearded guy because I don't know his name, and "TheQuartering" seems to be a channel name, not so much his own.

PS: Also, for an SJW basher he's pretty reasonable. ;)

PPS: And suddenly, firing people because of a tweet seems to be OK again. Hm, ironic. Just saying. :biggrin:

Wait what?
A guy got fired not over scamming the audience but because verbal "abuse"? WTF?!

Back
Top Bottom