The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

The simple answer is that DDO hates you!! :p :) I've never seen one either, nor a spell storing ring!! :(

The best way to farm for items is to get a full group of people you know to farm with. This way you get 6 chances per chest to get the needed item. That is what we did with the trapper ring we got for you.

We had to run 3 times I think, but that adds up to 18 chances for the needed named item. If you had run the quest solo you would have got just 3 chances.

This is also how you farm the Jibber's Blade. It's still decent XP for those who don't need the item and can pass on if they get it.

Farming alone for an item is futile and will only lead to frustration. So I think the main reason you've mainly got named items in our guild runs is that the much increased chance of actually getting anything.

If I recall correctly I think normal named loot has a drop chance like this:
Elite or reaper: 33% for any item
Hard: 16%
Normal: About 8-10%

Let's say the chest can drop 6 different items. Then a chance to get the one you really need on elite is: 1/3 * 1/6 = 1/18. On hard the chance is 1/6 * 1/6 = 1/36. On normal it's 1/10 * 1/6 = 1/60.

When you run for very rare loot like the SoS, Torc or Jibber's blade then the drop chance is about 0.5%. That is a whopping 200 runs before you can expect to get the item.

If you run a full raid group you get 12 such chances so in maybe 20 group runs or so you get that item. The uber players ally themselves with similar players and they farm the raids and pass on gear to the ones needing. We rarely run any raids so it's nearly impossible for Azraelck to get the Torc.

The best way to farm for items is to get a full group of people you know to farm with. This way you get 6 chances per chest to get the needed item. That is what we did with the trapper ring we got for you.

I almost figured that out already. You knew the ways within the catacombs pretty well.

My guess is that you know EVERY single spot within the game pretty well ! :lol: ;)

Edit . There is a thread about end game rewards in general : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/516705-Lets-talk-about-quest-end-rewards

And there has been another in-thread discussion going on about loot in another thread … Here's the reply of Lynnabel there :
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...do-some-QoL-updates-please!/page6#post6342064
and here :
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/516523-Please-do-some-QoL-updates-please!#post6341665
and another detail :
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...do-some-QoL-updates-please!/page2#post6341692

Besides, regardless of the thread's discussion, there are some interesting graphics on the population in there : https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthre...ded-in-game-design-aka-why-Henshin-Monks-suck
Direct link : https://postlmg.cc/rDSHvSnv

Last edited:
We actually tried Discord once (I like it), but everyone else preferred to stick with TS which is still free. If you want to join in, we can PM you the details and TS PW>

I like Discord too. It has more options if we learn how to setup chat rooms etc. An easy way to post questions and get answers. We can have different game groups like in Teamspeak too.

I think the owner of the Teamspeak DDO account has to pay for the account. I guess we moved to Discord for awhile because the Teamspeak DDO account owner hadn't renewed the subscription.

The main reason we're still on Teamspeak is probably because quite a few guild friends are logging into the TS DDO account almost every day.

The best for me with Discord is that the sound quality is better than Teamspeak. It's in a way good that TS is last on the list for PC resource use, but it is at the expense of sound quality. Skype used to grab resources first at the expense of DDO. Discord seems to be somewhere in the middle. I have never had any problems with it interfering any games.

join the RPGWatch discord at

https://discord.gg/JgXByA7

if my buddy gets into DDO again (he lost his password) I'll join you. I'm up to my neck in NWN again. Crazy stuff is happening, like we figured out how to do dynamic skyboxes.

if my buddy gets into DDO again (he lost his password) I'll join you.

Try customer support from the web site. It's a bit difficult to manueuver, and you need a "modern" browser for it, but that way I got mine back.

Of my own part … i slightly tend today towards having a pause with the Friday run, meaning that I tend not to want to participate.

This has partly something to do with a meeting of HSPs on Saturday where I want to participate, and for that i need to get a little bit more sleep than just from 4 in the morning on. ;)

The other reason is that I'd like to put down Alrih for a while so that you might get up to her, level-wise. I told you that she is even able to get level 14 right now !

And the third reason is that I'd like to do a little bit of solo play, partly through Ravenloft - I'm a "flower-sniffer", so I want to find every single corner in that massive castle ;)
and partly to get a little bit more favour for my toon on the HCL.
(Within the week I'm usually to exhausted in the late afternoon or evening to do longer quests.)

We're on alts this week anyway, Alrik, since I'm travelling and can't play. If you skip this week, you won't actually miss anything on the mains.

3 hours ! Or 4 hours ? I'm not sure anymore … but at least 3 hours - that's what i needed to fully explore Castle Ravenloft, although I must admit that I was running in circles for some times.
Now I have a good mental map of everything. That's what i wanted.

Edit :
DDO Bonus Days!
Thu, 06 Aug 2020 18:20:00 +0000
DDO Bonus Days bring you a +25% Crafting XP boost, now through August 9th!

Last edited:
Dte: We played the following quests on our alts yesterday.

Repeated Chamber of Insanity and Lair of Summoning for house K favor for Azraelck.

Then moved on to TBC where we did the level 5 quests. We did Fire Caves 1+2, Two Toed Tobias, Prove Your Worth and Ghost of a Chance.

All of us except Azraelck just got into level 8. Level not taken yet, though.

If you have some playing time this weekend some guildies can help you catch up by blasting through the TBC quests. They contain a lot of XP and can be farmed R1 + elite to get you to level 8 too.

That means level 6 quests are next on the alts menu unless you want us to do Necro 1 or Delera. First quest in Delera is level 5 I think.

I was roaming Barovia (not Bavaria !) again. Needed at least 1 hour, if not more to light the tower.

And, I noticed that light beams can kill. Seriously, this was the second time a character of mine had died through standing in the light beam, at least in the midle of it.

Got lost in the wilderness several times.

Found the only deer I have ever seen within the whole Ravenloft Expansion. Took a few screenshots until it evaporated into thin air.

Attachments

• Deer in Barovia August 2020.jpg
    Deer in Barovia August 2020.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 33
Dte: We played the following quests on our alts yesterday.
Probably easier to plug my lvl8 barbarian into the alt group rather than mess with catching the monk up. Slightly less secondary support but improved melee which we can always use these days. I had been considering the switcheroo for a few weeks anyway.

Those that have 8 can take 8. I had the alt group running everything except 3BC so Ye Olde Book will need a few pages ripped out anyway, which is perfectly fine. There's a shitton of lvl6 bar quests to run as well as digging into Sorrowdusk (should make Corwin happy) so we can safely punt on my original plan.

I'm going to start treating Deleras as lvl7 content. The individual quests are 5 7 7 6 8, with the 6 being the 0XP visit to Delera's ghost. We'll take a little hit on the first quest and be a level under for the last one, but it's a pain to schedule the chain otherwise. I got offered an Epic Voice while running heroic so I assume everyone would have a useful reward to pursue and the XP is still decent so I'd like to put that chain on the agenda for most lives.

Sounds like a plan to me squire. After proving my worth I'm happy to skip the rest of 3BC!! :)

I could offer either my swashbuckling Bard (level 7), or my level 8 Sorc (with I think 3 levels of Favoured Soul - one of my many experimental Quarterstaff builds, but currently concentrating on fire).

But it also depends a bit on how good I will feel, because this week I've had not that much sleep due to hot heat outside.

I won't participate next Friday.
On the Saturday following that I need to be fresh and not tired.

I won't participate next Friday.
On the Saturday following that I need to be fresh and not tired.
If you get a chance, would you check what rank you are right now on Alrih? I know that you're ahead of us since you're a first lifer, I but I don't know how far. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom