What games are you playing now?

Yeah, I have pet pal on my main and she still rebuffed me. It’s bugged.

Also the cow quest is bugged for me as well. It’s not completing. The quest givers never show up in town.

It doesn’t bother me too much since the game is so dense with quests, but still makes me sad.

Rock of Ages 2. It's pretty fun in 2-player. I'm not sure i'm that into the building (setting up traps etc) part or the main story, but it's fun to play the courses. They could have skipped the story and the setting up traps thing and instead focusing on making fun courses imo.

You lose it if you have it on your main character.

Hmm. When is that meant to happen? My main character still has his Pet Pal talent. That better not be a spoiler!

I'm still enjoying Avernum III, particularly since I stopped worrying about the impact of time on the game world and just went off exploring. My characters are now level 20 and finding lots of interesting locations off the beaten path, and also getting the satisfaction of going back to earlier areas that were too difficult and clearing them out. Great fun.

Kingdom Come doesn't sound fun to me at all. It sounds like a sim instead of a game. I'll be glad to read impressions to see if they change my mind.

I'm full retro at the moment (80's games + Stranger Things reruns + awkward synth pop bgm = epic win).
When not humming to Daryl Hall and f***kin Rick Springfield, I'm totally in love with my Switch. Mario Odyssey, and some guilty pleasure Mario+Rabbids rounds.

Good times.

Kingdom Come doesn't sound fun to me at all. It sounds like a sim instead of a game. I'll be glad to read impressions to see if they change my mind.

Don't worry. If by default in, I'll make sure to screenshot boobs. If not, well, I expect a mod fast. :evilgrin:

Don't worry. If by default in, I'll make sure to screenshot boobs. If not, well, I expect a mod fast. :evilgrin:

CBBE will make my purchasing decision easier :biggrin: , but I'm mostly interested in whatever replaces magic. Miracles, alchemy, etc.

That's something you'll have to wait till I explore everything. Or someone else.

For now, lemme just say, this game contains humor where it's least expected! Or should I say, where it needs to be.

pic.jpg

For those interested, subtitles are enabled by default.
Finally a developer who understands.

this game contains humor where it's least expected!

Never did a CLOSE look at the "file properties" of the original PS:T .EXE file ? ;)

I'm still enjoying Avernum III but I'm getting a bit worried about progression. I've just gone past level 25 and there's a soft cap at 30 (I think), but I don't feel like I'm even half way through the game yet. I've explored one of the maps fairly thoroughly but haven't set foot in the second one yet, and that one looks even larger! I hit the soft cap in the previous games before the end as well, but this feels earlier to me.

Anyway, my off the path explorations led me to an entertaining sequence of events that eventually landed me an amazing shield and achievement last night. :) It's just hugely satisfying to explore this world, so even if I hit the soft cap there will be plenty of fun things to do.

Bit of messing around with NWN:EE but nothing serious. With all the Avernum talk I've gone back to my Geneforge 1 game. Have just crossed the bridge onto the eastern side of the island, am exploring Kazg (or whatever it's called).

:)

I finished Risen maybe a couple of years ago, and now I'm about to start playing Risen 2. I pretty much liked the open-world aspect of the 1st Risen, I'm hoping they did the same way in the 2nd one.

Wish me luck! ;)

Yes, I'm quoting myself here because I really started playing Risen 2 and, as I already suspected from my Risen 1 gameplay, I'm having so much fun with this game. I just made to Sword Coast of Arborea and I'm on Inquisition camp right now, doing quests (of course) and lockpicking/stealing everyone and everything I can ("of coursest!" :p)

It's just the kind of game I love playing… exploring the land, discovering one more chest waiting to be looted, running like hell from firebirds because Patty and Steelbeard aren't with me now :p…. These kinds of guilty pleasures…

Yes, I'm quoting myself here because I really started playing Risen 2 and, as I already suspected from my Risen 1 gameplay, I'm having so much fun with this game. I just made to Sword Coast of Arborea and I'm on Inquisition camp right now, doing quests (of course) and lockpicking/stealing everyone and everything I can ("of coursest!" :p)

It's just the kind of game I love playing… exploring the land, discovering one more chest waiting to be looted, running like hell from firebirds because Patty and Steelbeard aren't with me now :p…. These kinds of guilty pleasures…

What rare pleasures they are, too! :)

Risen 2 is an underrated gem. It's one of the RPGs where I beat it and then said to myself, "Damn. I want more." And that was after 60 hours.

Risen 3 is really good, too. I think you'll enjoy it when you get there.

What rare pleasures they are, too! :)

Risen 2 is an underrated gem. It's one of the RPGs where I beat it and then said to myself, "Damn. I want more." And that was after 60 hours.

Risen 3 is really good, too. I think you'll enjoy it when you get there.

I confess I approached Risen 2 with caution because I've read here that "the pirate setting is not any good etc etc". I was really cautionary when I begun playing it. Unnecessary caution, IMHO. I'm enjoygin it without moderation now :)

If Risen 3 follows the same steps (and I probably will begin it as soon as I finish Risen 2), I'll surely will appreciate it too. Fluent, mind you… I never played any Gothic games before (OK OK, I played Gothic 1 for what???? 5 minutes??? And then I gave it up because of the awkward controls. That doesn't count :) ) and I'm really liking the Risen series so far.

I confess I approached Risen 2 with caution because I've read here that "the pirate setting is not any good etc etc". I was really cautionary when I begun playing it. Unnecessary caution, IMHO. I'm enjoygin it without moderation now :)

If Risen 3 follows the same steps (and I probably will begin it as soon as I finish Risen 2), I'll surely will appreciate it too. Fluent, mind you… I never played any Gothic games before (OK OK, I played Gothic 1 for what???? 5 minutes??? And then I gave it up because of the awkward controls. That doesn't count :) ) and I'm really liking the Risen series so far.

Risen 1 is more like the Gothic series, IMO. Risen 2 and 3 have some of the "Gothic Formula" but are also different. Piranha Bytes hasn't made a bad game yet, so you can't go wrong with any of them, IMO.

Glad you're enjoying them. And have fun with NWN:EE as well! :)

Back
Top Bottom