Elder Scrolls Online

Already having lots of fun :)

Taking a vote, who looks better? First or second?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170825_142601.jpg
    Screenshot_20170825_142601.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 75
  • Screenshot_20170825_142608.jpg
    Screenshot_20170825_142608.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 78
Question on level scaling....

I'm somewhat new to MMO's and one thing that confuses me is how 'battle scaling' works in ESO. How is is that I can be CP120 and walk into a dungeon/delve with a level 20 character and still have them take on the same enemies!? OK, not every time, but in many cases. It seems to invalidate leveling up - I mean except for better loot etc. I arrived after the One Tamriel update...I think I would have preferred the old diffculty zones (it seems regions got harder and you had to progress in a given way).

So I guess, what is the point of playing to really high CPs? Just the loot and crafting options? I have leveled enchanting, clothing and woodwork, and can make some decent stuff. But nothing spectacular - everything seems bland and 'balanced'.

Question on level scaling….

I'm somewhat new to MMO's and one thing that confuses me is how 'battle scaling' works in ESO. How is is that I can be CP120 and walk into a dungeon/delve with a level 20 character and still have them take on the same enemies!? OK, not every time, but in many cases. It seems to invalidate leveling up - I mean except for better loot etc. I arrived after the One Tamriel update…I think I would have preferred the old diffculty zones (it seems regions got harder and you had to progress in a given way).

So I guess, what is the point of playing to really high CPs? Just the loot and crafting options? I have leveled enchanting, clothing and woodwork, and can make some decent stuff. But nothing spectacular - everything seems bland and 'balanced'.

In this case, the level 20 character and the level 50 CP120 character are both scaled to what corresponds to level 50 CP160 "base stats" and your equipment is also scaled according to their current value (a level 20 purple item would become a level 50 CP160 purple item) - meaning your hit points, stamina, magicka and so on are all set to what they would be at 50 CP160.

The point of playing to really high CPs is that the game stops scaling you after you reach CP160 - and then every point after that will be added on top like you would expect.

That said, each point counts less and less as you gain more and more of them.

Still, a level 630 CP character will be a LOT more powerful than a 160 CP character.

Also, it's important to remember that just because a level 20 character is scaled in terms of stats - they're not given additional skills or skill points. Meaning, they will have a much smaller arsenal.

Beyond that, the enemies you can expect to fight have designations that go beyond merely their level and CP status. As in, while all enemies are scaled to level 50 CP160 - you still have strong, elite and champion enemies.

So, it's less linear in terms of progression than it sounds like.

It's actually a brilliant solution in many ways - though there a ways to make it even better still.

@Dart - Ah, ok - that clarifies things. I looked at a vague description on scaling somewhere, but it wasn't very detailed. I've logged about 250 hours since I started playing about 3 months ago and I'm just looking for motivation to continue. I've only done PvE stuff since I have no interest in PvP and I've been a solo player since I started. With clanfear and winged twilight in tow, of course, like 90% of people. I'm surprised the plans of Oblivion can sustain the demand for daedric summons!

@Dart - Ah, ok - that clarifies things. I looked at a vague description on scaling somewhere, but it wasn't very detailed. I've logged about 250 hours since I started playing about 3 months ago and I'm just looking for motivation to continue. I've only done PvE stuff since I have no interest in PvP and I've been a solo player since I started. With clanfear and winged twilight in tow, of course, like 90% of people. I'm surprised the plans of Oblivion can sustain the demand for daedric summons!

In my experience, if you're looking for motivation to continue - it's time to stop playing.

In my experience, if you're looking for motivation to continue - it's time to stop playing.

You're probably right - but I'm also a completionist (mostly) and I hate that there is so much I haven't seen :) I'll stop when DOS:2 hits the shelves, that's my next big anticipated title.

You're probably right - but I'm also a completionist (mostly) and I hate that there is so much I haven't seen :) I'll stop when DOS:2 hits the shelves, that's my next big anticipated title.

Well, the MMO genre is a very, very unhealthy one to be a completionist about :)

While ESO is one of the best ones out there in terms of meaningful and distinct content - you will still face months of exhaustive gaming if you're seriously going to see all there is to see.

I highly recommend being a completionist in singleplayer games instead.

I'm with you on DOS 2, though ;)

Just collecting all the houses, furnishings and designs, motifs, pets, mounts, costumes will absolutely drive you crazy and broke if you are completionist. I have learned not to care. so sad. ;)

Finally got my own room! So tiny and yet so empty lol - I only have a table, a stool and a candle :(

Already having lots of fun :)

Taking a vote, who looks better? First or second?
I prefer the first one. Like her Khajiiti armor, for one thing.

Finally got my own room! So tiny and yet so empty lol - I only have a table, a stool and a candle
That's pretty much how everyone starts out :D. Making furnishings apart from crates or such takes lots of resources, so once you have some in-game gold to spare, try to grab some cheap furnishings at the guild traders.

I think I put some stone slabs on the ground in my first inn room, as a replacement for a bed. Then I put my my Daedric Rat pet on it to use as a pillow because the stone was so cold and rough… hubby was disgusted because he imagined the rat was smelly (and, well, it does look smelly indeed).

Finally got my own room! So tiny and yet so empty lol - I only have a table, a stool and a candle :(

For some 10 years I lived in a dump like that. Yes, in RL. No electricity, no proper bed, no "nothing".
Sometimes I think I felt more happy back then than am today.

For some 10 years I lived in a dump like that. Yes, in RL. No electricity, no proper bed, no "nothing".
Sometimes I think I felt more happy back then than am today.

Erm... ok.... I'm not sure how to respond to that...

Simple. A small promise you'll try housing in singleplayers like Sims 3 instead MMOs would do miracles.

>.> Sorry joxer, already invested in ESO and I'm having quite a bit of fun with hubby.

Btw guys, I've bought some furnishings from one of the guild trade - they took my money but I didn't get my item. TWICE. Isn't it suppose to arrive in mail, cause I didn't get any mail either. Is there a way I can report this somewhere like in WoW?

I was having trouble with mail yesterday because of bad lag. Also, you should know that new mail doesn't immediately load, unless you change zone, or logout the character and log back in again. Annoying.

Don't worry, sometimes it takes a while for those mails to show up … and then sometimes they show up instantly. It all depends on when you are on (less players online, mail arrives faster).

Simple. A small promise you'll try housing in singleplayers like Sims 3 instead MMOs would do miracles.
Housing in games of all types and genres is the best thing ever.

You can force to get all trade-mails by changing the map/zone -> teleport.

Back
Top Bottom