What games are you playing now?

Cyberpunk

Same - funny thing about staying away from news for the last year or so, I was surprised by the nudity right on character creation. :D. Not that it matters, just surprised. Good intro, my PC defaulted to 'Ultra' settings and it is chugging along nicely.

Now playing Fire Emblem Three Houses on Switch.

Oh hey, me too. I played like five battles according to the old-school "weapon triangle" rules before realizing that mechanic no longer exists in this game.

I'm playing the game of many names. Ego Draconis/Dragon Knight Saga/Divinity 2. This is one of my favorite games of all time and it's been a couple years since I last played it. I'm playing a pure mage, which is really rough, but I like the challenge. I only equip weapons/shields to give myself mage attack bonuses. I also put zero points into strength or dexterity. Playing on normal due to those constraints and I can still wipe if I'm not super careful.

Ohhh that's a great game to replay, Crpgnut! I'm not sure why anyone would play a mage though, ick. Just....ick! I might have to revisit that one again as well, it has
been far too long.

I finished Atom Rpg yesterdays night. I really enjoyed that game despite its clunky interface, limited tactical options and serious unbalance (automatic weapons, critical hit) and very difficult first few levels. The atmosphere is great, refreshing, dark (but not the overly bloody sort we see in many rpg) and realistic.

I have finally started Wasteland 3. I really enjoyed the character creation system. It does offer a lot of options and I thought it was really interesting to have two «main» characters instead of just one. I’m not a big fan of the art, however. A bit too techno-trash, cyberpunk for me. I’m still in the very first part of the game which seems to be a sort of tutorial. So far, I feel very railroaded. Hopefully, it’s just this part of the game and it will open up later.

AC: Valhalla. I hate this game.

Well, I don't really hate it and I'll most likely finish it (with a rating about 7/10), but it's giving me a hard time due to the lack of identification with Eivor due to the lack of the possibility to make important decisions.

The game begings in Norway where your step-father and Jarl decides to stop warring and go for a more peaceful route for your clan. So your step-brother and you decide to conquer and settle in England and gain fame and glory.
Well, that was my first problem. "My" Eivor wouldn't have followed his step-brother but stayed with his step-father and help with the clan. But ok, I went with it. It's a viking game after all.
So in England I'm forced to attack and steal from peaceful monasteries to find ressources to grow my settlement. Again, my Eivor wouldn't have done that. But I went with it.
Also the two friends of your step-brother are secret order A. They say that secret order B is evil they need to get killed. Ok… that makes sense. Not. But I went with it.
As the story unfoldes the role of the orders indeed gets more clear. Your step-brother gets a little crazy on his imaginary way to godhood, but Eivor follows (which is ok).
Also you make a lot of allies in England by helping diffrerent factions by warring or killing members of secret order B.
Then your step-brother's madness goes away, and he's abandoning his goal of becoming a god. He even steps down as Jarl and lets you follow him (in my playthrough).
So your clan is in a pretty good spot. The adventure was great. Everything seems fine.

But now Eivor has to top that and start a fight against the remaining king to conquer all of England. One of his dearest friends (step-brother's ex-wife) even says that he mustn't do this.
BUT I HAVE NO ACTUAL CHOICE!!? REALLY?

Again I have to go with it.
That's really unsatisfying. Im not really motivated to go on.

Also the "backstory" with the Animus and everything related is still aweful for the overall experience. It adds nothing (for me), but the sequences always stop the flow.

So many wrong design decisions here.

I couldn't wait any longer and decided not to wait for a xbox patch. I started playing... the outer worlds (no not cyberpunk :) )!

Just arrived at Groundbreaker so I can't say much about it, except that it has me sucked in. I hope it stays that way until the end. Graphics look great in 4k, but as I said before there is something in the art, although nice, that makes it a little bit too
plastic/shiny for me. Or I just don't like colorful. I'm the most surprised by the combat system which is pretty good for now.

I also finished Gears of War 1/2 and playing the third instalment. I never could get into GoW or the Halo franchise. This time I seem to be on the right track. The story is better than expected. Nothing mind-blowing, but at least it tries to tell a consistent story in the trilogy on top of the mindless action and bromance.

I'm still playing Cold Steel Three, feels like I've been playing this a month now, and loving every minute of it!! The only issue I have is a minor one, sometimes the cut scenes will run on for quite some time, and you simply cannot quit the game the moment you want a break. Other than that tiny detail, the rest is great, combat is fun and daunting, the story is solid, lots of new details about character and events just keep coming.....I love it! Truly if you've not played this one and have enjoyed the others in the series, jump on board the Cold Steel train!

Yeah, I think I'm giving up on Call of the Sea. It's cute, but I'm either not in the mood or some of puzzles I've just lost patience and looked up walkthroughs on. The story seemed interesting, but it kind of meandered too much. Also, while being lovecraftian, it certainly is not cosmic horror. Or maybe it is, but it's way too light on that. I also started to have a serious headache and can't focus.

300 hours of nwn ee and still going strong. played 14 fanmade modules so far and working on more.

also started FRUA, also for fanmade modules. so far so good. :)

You're alive?! :)
Tried Genshin Impact yet?

Playing Diablo II and getting addicted again. Playing as Paladin with frost aura, socketed scepter with Zeal and wrecking havoc. Playing more methodically this time. It is such a huge arpg and the build possibilities are staggering and all viable and interesting for every class. The user interface is just so simple, elegant and accessible.

Played many other arpg but I have yet to find any serious contender to Diablo II or even the first one.

Ohhh a paladin in Diablo two, now that's the perfect class for that game! Man, I've some good memories of that one.

I was worried at the beginning as I used to playing necromancer and summoning skeletons and gollums for crowd control and tanking, which the paladin don't have. But the auras available at a decent level can kill mobs even before they can come close or slow them down while taking damage. This is why Diablo II is excellent.

Diablo 2 is the origin of my nickname.

I had created a paladin to play online and had to pick a name. I tried paladin which was already picked. So then tried Pladio :)

I really enjoyed that game and loved the paladin play style especially in muktiplayer.
All the auras were very useful in mp.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom